Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 PM

46 posts, read 126,031 times

Advertisements

I currently live in NE Mpls, and have 2 small children who are not in school yet. I'm thinking of moving to a different part of Mpls or St. Paul for better schools. Can anyone recommend schools in Mpls or St. Paul? I know that in Mpls, South High and Southwest High School are good, but I'm not sure about elementary and middle schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,797,064 times
What do you think makes a good school? There are a lot of good elementary schools around here, both the more "traditional" schools as well as more specialized programs. Armatage and Seward (both MPS) are both excellent Montessori schools, for example. You might be able to apply to Seward from NE, as it's a magnet and draws from a larger area. I love the Montessori method and highly recommend it, but it may or may not be the right fit for your children or your personal educational philosophies. If it is, though, consider yourself lucky that our city has several public Montessori options! I don't know anyone with kids in Seward currently, but it's a great school with a long-established reputation. They also have a middle school attached. Armatage serves a different area of the city, and from all accounts it's also VERY good. I'd be applying to send my son there if we weren't moving soon. Armatage doesn't have a middle school, so the local kids all seem to go to Anthony. I don't know much about the schools in NE, but have you researched them yet? Surely there must be some great elementary options over there, especially if you also consider magnets that cover the area. There may be no reason to move, assuming you like where you live.

Last edited by uptown_urbanist; 07-09-2011 at 10:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul