Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 11:04 AM

6 posts, read 10,333 times

Advertisements

Hi Again!!!

Thank you to all who responded to my first post, but I have a few more questions. I again am looking for a beautiful nature filled community, hills, lakes, creeks, possible waterfalls, parks etc. Also top priority for me is a very family friendly community filled with activities for my four children and excellent schools, ages 18 months-6. I would prefer a smaller suburb pop 15-35K. I also do not need to be too close to the metro, just close enough to regional healthcare facilities as I am a nurse and my husband works from home. We are looking to spend between 250-350K, but I would also like to include that I am looking for a larger home and I'd love an older colonial with a wrap around porch. Please also if anyone could shed some light on Anoka and Inver Grove Heights I'd so appreciate it! Thank you in advance!!! I cannot wait to leave the urban hell that is NJ and become a resident of your beautiful Minnesota!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 11:43 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Stillwater is going to be your best bet for the house you want but it also has the nature you want, close enough to medical facilities including a large clinic in hospital right in Stillwater.

There are better choices for schools than Anoka and Inver Grove Heights-although southern IGH is in the 196 school district and might be an option but no chance at an older home in that area-it's all fairly new developments around there (20 years and newer). Anoka schools have perpetual budget issues and while they are ok, there are just plenty of better schools around.

Apple Valley area is very similar to some of the older sections of Wayne, NJ if that helps any (around the Pines Lake area anyway). Lots of trees, parks, lakes, etc. Older homes not really an option but you might find a newer colonial style with a porch.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:25 PM

679 posts, read 1,803,003 times
Stillwater is a great town. The hospital is outstanding. The Warner Nature Center has some really cool programs.

Warner Nature Center - Directions & Map

Great selection of older housing stock, too.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:30 PM

6 posts, read 10,333 times
Thank you both very much!!!!! I am going to do some research right now!

Old 07-01-2012, 12:31 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamon_toast View Post
Stillwater is a great town. The hospital is outstanding. The Warner Nature Center has some really cool programs.

Warner Nature Center - Directions & Map

Great selection of older housing stock, too.
I would say that "outstanding" is going a bit far for the hospital but it is a place to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul