Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 11:59 AM

342 posts, read 1,428,270 times

Advertisements

The KFC at West Broadway and Brooklyn Blvd is now a Popeyes. I have been there 3 times - took a bunch of chicken to my office and everyone preferred KFC to Popeyes. The butterfly shrimp are okay. Didn't like the doleslaw as much as KFC. Sorry KFC is gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 02:14 PM

298 posts, read 751,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody2Mn View Post
They have broken ground on it as construction in the Cub Foods lot (where it will be located) has started.

Thank You Rhody2Mn for your update on the Chick-Fil-A being constructed in the Cub Foods parking lot at 153rd Street and Cedar Avenue in Apple Valley; it was much appreciated! In fact a couple of weeks ago, I needed to grocery shop at the Apple Valley Cub Foods, so after parking the car I did walk across the parking lot to where the building site is fenced-off and looked at the excavation which has taken place prior to entering the grocery store to buy food.

The concrete slab had not been poured as of two weeks ago and subsequently the steel or wood stud frame construction won't begin until the slab in poured and cures. Back in May, I was at the Maple Grove Chick-Fil-A site, in the Fountains of Arbor Lakes, on the corner of Hemlock Lane and Elm Creek Boulevard. The fenced-off site in the parking lot between Bennihana and TGI Friday's they had just broken ground and done some excavating. I have not been to the Riverdale Commons site in Coon Rapids which is just blocks from the new Popeye's Fried Chicken on Main Street near Highway 10 which recently converted from a KFC to a Popeye's.

A fourth former Kentucky Fried Chicken re-openned as a Popeye's during 2013, this one in Crystal along Bass Lake Road just west of Broadway in the Crystal Shopping Center parking lot next to Dairy Queen over the Memorial Day Weekend. A few more Popeye's are scheduled to open later this summer, so just as many of you have already been doing, keep us posted!

Old 06-30-2013, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,850 times
Woo-hoo! Three new restaurants in the works in Bloomington!

The KFC on Lyndale closed a while ago and the exterior was painted all in the Louisiana Kitchen yellow. But nothing happened for the longed time. Now, this last week, they've actively been working on the roof. So it is moving forward.

Streetz American Grill will be opening in what used to be Denny's, sort of the NW corner of 35W & 98th Street. They erected signage this past week and painted a list of items they will sell around the roof - things like gyros, coney dogs, shakes, Chicago dog, burgers, etc.

And third, Chick-Fil-A. The Southtown Target had a building on their lot from which they sold office furniture. That store closed a while ago. This past week that building was demolished. A Chick-Fil-A will be erected on that site.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:31 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,480,367 times
Lexington and University is now Popeye's.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:45 PM

298 posts, read 751,369 times
The former KFC at 220 West 66th Street Richfield in the parking lot of the Hub Shopping Center at 66th Street and Nicollet Avenue just openned Thursday August 29th 2013 as the latest Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen to open in the MSP Twin Cities. The Popeye's at I-94 and White Bear Avenue (1722 Suburban Avenue E.) in St. Paul openned earlier this summer.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,480,367 times
All belonged to a bankrupt KFC franchisee.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:00 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,918,560 times
yep the one in richfield has been opened since last tuesday and those lines have been crazy

Old 01-07-2014, 04:41 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,065,208 times
A KFC in St Cloud closed back in October 2012 (East St. Cloud KFC Closes)

Shortly before Judge clears sale of 14 KFC outlets to Popeyes chain | Star Tribune

I know lots of people in St. Cloud were hoping it would turn into a Popeyes. To this day that KFC still sits there closed.

Old 01-23-2021, 02:21 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,065,208 times
Interestingly a KFC just opened a few days ago in Brooklyn Park in the old Tim Hortons building off 85th and Xylon across the street from the Fleet Farm. I wonder if more KFC's are going to open again in the places they lost locations to Popeyes years back.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:24 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,072,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Interestingly a KFC just opened a few days ago in Brooklyn Park in the old Tim Hortons building off 85th and Xylon across the street from the Fleet Farm. I wonder if more KFC's are going to open again in the places they lost locations to Popeyes years back.
Have thought about Tim Hortons in a while. How many locations did they try in the metro? I recall MOA and Dinkytown.

Now Dunkin Donuts ie everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul