Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 05:15 PM

4 posts, read 6,211 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

I recently decided to become a Real Estate Agent! YAY! But now the questions is where.

I have grown up in the MN all of my life, grew up in southern MN, then moved to Duluth for school and now live in NE Minneapolis. So I have some connections around here.

My main question is: How is the real estate market in the cities? I did some research and I didnt see it listed on any tops list of any kind or the worst list for that matter. I was going to purchase a house this past spring and honestly it seemed every house went to the first bidder; which led me to believe that the market is decent.

Now I hear there is a inventory shortage which is hurting Realtors.

So I guess coming in as a new real estate agent I would never expect to make a ton of money right away, but is the Twin Cities area friendly towards new agents?

I also have always thought of moving to Denver to see if the grass is greener on the other side, if anyone has any comparisons of the two markets that would also be great!

And if anyone has any advice on a great agency to start a real estate career with that would also be great! I am finishing at the end of August!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 AM

50 posts, read 81,376 times
I would think that an agent who can nab some business in the sale of existing homes would do well, in this market. Whether or not the market is saturated with agents or realtors, I don't know. Saturation could be hurting the business.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 AM

6 posts, read 8,003 times
The Minneapolis housing market is hot right now but as you said listings go fast. It doen't matter if you are new to the market or a vet it all comes down to marketing and getting your name out there. I have been on the mortgage side for nearly 10 years now and am always looking for new realtors to hook up with.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:30 PM

351 posts, read 492,257 times
Our market is quite saturated with talented, experienced realtors. That's not to say you can't build a business here, just be prepared to work hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
View detailed profiles of: