Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 08:17 AM

19 posts, read 25,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbylake View Post
Hi guys,

Frankly, I feel that a new comer can live here for several years without making a single friend (not counting coworkers). That, to me, is a bit scary and different from the experience I had living elsewhere in the U.S.

I have thought of many possible reasons. Winter, perhaps a big one since our winters are cold and long. Not a lot of transplants and many don't stay for long. Minnesotans have family and friends and no time for new friends.

Are there gay and lesbian members on this board? What's your take on it? What's been your experience?
I'm from Minneapolis, I don't live there anymore, but there was this nice bar/club I used to hangout at downtown, you should check it's called The saloon. I don't know if its still anything like it was when I lived there but it was really fun and laid back..

multiple rooms with bars, a game room, food, a dance floor, and a smoking patio with a fire place.
You should deffinetly check it out.

I was acually part of a lesbian/gay community in minneapolis, and I feel pretty alone here, in San Francisco of all places. Honestly the gay scene/community from my experience was alot more friendly and happy in MN much more that my experience here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 07:35 PM

140 posts, read 218,945 times
Default Organize meeting

Wow haven't checked this forum for a while. You are getting to know each other. Why don we organize a get together sometime in October. I live in Minneapolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul