Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 09:26 AM

6 posts, read 34,141 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy my first house soon. I have been looking from savage shakopee prior lake jordan out to waconia. Well this weekend i decided to check out Belle plain It seems like there are a lot of houses out that way. I was wondering if anybody knows why there are so many house out that way? during the spring Parade of homes some of the models in chatfield greens were around the 300 range now they are alot cheaper and half of the builders in that area are not around there models. Is there anything i should know about the Ryan realestate group or keyland homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,830,543 times
Hey 30 cent, I don't know anything about the real estate group/ developers you mentioned (and i'm not too knowledgeable about that area), but it's not uncommon in places like Belle Plain(es?) to have an abundance of homes on the market. Really around the country it seems that many builders really didn't seem to be too worried about signs that the market was falling off and continued building at the pace of the huge building booms of the 90s/ early 00's. The one and only time I drove by Belle Plain, all I could see of that town (and as far as the eye could see) was little cookie cutter rooftops everywhere, it seems that developers really went crazy with massive new construction building in this town. I can't imagine that there was that much demand to live out in Belle Plain, it's quite a hike to the cities from there but I suppose there's already a fair amount of people living in the stretches around that area already so I might be wrong about that.

As the market dropped off, consequently you see a lot of half-finished developments and/or empty new houses/ apartments/ condos sitting around everywhere. I wouldn't find it surprising or worrisome (outside of a general market standpoint) that the housing values have dropped, this is pretty commonplace nowadays and builders especially I am sure are trying to recoup some of their losses and get whatever they can by slashing home prices. In regards to the quality of construction, I don't think there's too many new construction builders out there that are building quality-built homes so I wouldn't expect that anything built in a new development nowadays (except for very high end developments) is quality construction. As far as investing in / buying a home in belle plain, the question you have to ask yourself is if you anticipate values to again rise in that area and demand to live there to pick up again over the years...if so, now might be a good time to buy.

I don't think this post has been very helpful in answering any of your questions, but it's my two cents for what it's worth

Old 11-20-2007, 04:20 PM

751 posts, read 1,178,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30cent View Post
I am looking to buy my first house soon. I have been looking from savage shakopee prior lake jordan out to waconia. Well this weekend i decided to check out Belle plain It seems like there are a lot of houses out that way. I was wondering if anybody knows why there are so many house out that way? during the spring Parade of homes some of the models in chatfield greens were around the 300 range now they are alot cheaper and half of the builders in that area are not around there models. Is there anything i should know about the Ryan realestate group or keyland homes?
Belle Plaine does not have good schools and it is not an attractive town. If you ever drove by it on 169, you will see that a lot of the business that you see from the highway are abandoned. There is a funny looking gas station that is abandoned and other businesses. I always found the town of Belle Plaine to be kind of weird and yes, the commute into the cities will suck

Old 11-20-2007, 05:57 PM

120 posts, read 470,638 times
Default Where is Belle Plane?

I've never heard of it.....South?

Old 11-21-2007, 05:07 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,290,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil45 View Post
I've never heard of it.....South?

Yes, south on 169. It is actually a nice smaller town. You have to go off 169 to go into downtown. lukeache stated it looks like an abandoned town but you don't see the town from 169.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul