Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 01:25 PM

4 posts, read 3,588 times

Advertisements

Hi all, need some help ideas of where to live. About me...

Work in Eagan
28 Male
IT guy, make a fine living
Heated Garage parking wanted
Thinking of living in/near St. Paul, have always wanted to do city living.
Minneapolis seems too far of a commute, but would love feedback if you think otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 01:47 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,377,511 times
Downtown City living or just living in a big city. South Minneapolis is just across the bridge from Eagan, maybe 5 miles max.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM

391 posts, read 661,267 times
Maybe check out Riverview Apts. at upper landing in St. Paul. On the river and near downtown.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:09 PM

I heard those riverview apartments flood during the spring if you know anything about that.

Another person recommended Cathedral Hill area if anyone has input on places there.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:10 PM

358 posts, read 446,676 times
There are some nice apartments with heated garages, etc. along the river between downtown St. Paul and the High Bridge. They are largely filled with millennials and lots of health care professionals because of the proximity to the hospitals. Come to think of it, they are probably the Riverview Apts suggested above. My son lives there and likes it very much.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Downtown City living or just living in a big city. South Minneapolis is just across the bridge from Eagan, maybe 5 miles max.
I am a bit worried about getting across that 35w traffic in Minneapolis. I was also told the place to be is uptown area (for Minneapolis) which tends to be a bit far of a drive.

Highland area may be a combo of St. Paul/Minneapolis and have nice traffic?

Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 PM

391 posts, read 661,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfungi View Post
I heard those riverview apartments flood during the spring if you know anything about that.

Another person recommended Cathedral Hill area if anyone has input on places there.
Yeah - that is a possibility being right on the river. Cathedral Hill is great, historic buildings, lots of shops and restaurants and close to both downtown and Grand Ave. shopping district. There's a place called Hill Plaza on Selby that has heated parking.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfungi View Post
I am a bit worried about getting across that 35w traffic in Minneapolis. I was also told the place to be is uptown area (for Minneapolis) which tends to be a bit far of a drive.

Highland area may be a combo of St. Paul/Minneapolis and have nice traffic?
You would take 62 over--reverse commute--basically no traffic going from say the Lake Nikomis area to Eagan but if you want to be in Uptown, take a surface street over to Cedar, go south on Cedar to 62 and you will be virtually traffic free. Or a surface street to hwy 55 (Hiawatha) and you end up in the same place (Mendota Bridge).

Old 04-07-2014, 06:33 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,282,144 times
I live in Eagan and it takes me less than 15 minutes to get to Abbott-Sister Kenny from here on Cedar (77). I would have never expected it. I also can get to Highland area of St. Paul in 15 minutes on 35E. So, if you are going to live in either city, first of all you will be going the opposite of most traffic, and you wont need to take 35W at all.

If you make a decent living and are in your 20's, I would suggest you look into a townhouse or condo in the Grand/Cathedral Hill area or the Uptown area. I think you will find what you are looking for. You also might like something along the bluffs south of the river off 35E and Hwy 13, although there arent as many people your age there.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeig104 View Post
I live in Eagan and it takes me less than 15 minutes to get to Abbott-Sister Kenny from here on Cedar (77). I would have never expected it. I also can get to Highland area of St. Paul in 15 minutes on 35E. So, if you are going to live in either city, first of all you will be going the opposite of most traffic, and you wont need to take 35W at all.

If you make a decent living and are in your 20's, I would suggest you look into a townhouse or condo in the Grand/Cathedral Hill area or the Uptown area. I think you will find what you are looking for. You also might like something along the bluffs south of the river off 35E and Hwy 13, although there arent as many people your age there.
Or the similar set up in Burnsville where there are a LOT of young professionals--13 and Nicollet right off 35W--across the street from the transit station...right by the Performing Arts center, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul