Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 09:34 AM

40 posts, read 62,321 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I am going to UND next semester and was wondering if anyone knows what type of reputation the Business school has for seeking out a job/internship in the Twin Cities?

I am looking at majoring in Investments (Finance heavy in classes) and am just trying to feel out if this is a good idea for a future career. I'm a Mathy person, but hit a brick wall with pure Mathematics when I was going to school before and am doing this under the hope that it is more geared towards numbers than theory. I am not sure the exact field that I would be looking at, but I just know that I like working with a numbers a lot.

Anyways, figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone has any insight on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 11:56 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,311,177 times
I think it's probably fine but maybe not a huge advantage. I grew up in EGF and there are a lot of people who went to UND in my class and in the twin cities. They all have decent jobs as far as I know. I am not sure what the winning job in finance would be here. I am considering switching to a more finance related career and will need to move to Chicago if I do.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:52 PM

14 posts, read 21,696 times
I work in the quantitative finance field and am part of the hiring/screening process. If you went to a top 10 school, it would be an advantage. Otherwise it's neutral for all other 4 year institutions.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:55 PM

19 posts, read 36,685 times
My quick take is that UND's reputation in the Twin Cities is neutral, just as are most other colleges. Unless you go somewhere elite (MIT, Harvard, etc) or somewhere seemingly bad (University of Phoenix and other for-profit colleges), the vast majority of quality employers could care less where the degree is from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul