Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 10:59 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Really, you don't find it hard to figure out how on earth to get places?
Nope. Never have. I only go once or twice a year, but have never gotten confused at all.

Of course food will be expensive -- it's a MALL!! Mall food is always expensive, kind of like the airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 07:44 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
The MOA has an app. It has all the stores and all the addresses. Each address number has a E,S,N, or W in front telling you which quadrant of the mall its in. I don't know if it could be much simpler.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:08 AM

371 posts, read 556,122 times
The Op was staying in the MOA at the Radisson, which is ideal as you can just take your large packages to your room and you don't have to carry your winter coat around. Crave is a good restaurant.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:20 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
I guess I am in the minority.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:19 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I guess I am in the minority.
I'll agree with your assessment of the food. I clearly haven't eaten at every restaurant but we just ate at Crave and I thought it was terrible. Fire Lake Grill at the Radisson was ok but nothing special. I wouldn't expect to find fine dining at a mall though.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:55 PM

878 posts, read 1,207,746 times
I don't get the appeal of shopping at MOA (or any mall, frankly)-- that's why God invented online shopping, especially with free shipping and/or returns, coupon codes and cashback from Ebates, there's almost no reason to shop the 'old fashioned' way, but I digress.

As others have pointed out, it's an easy mall to navigate, it's just absolutely HUGE, so you need to map out your path so you don't have to backtrack and walk the equivalent of a marathon.

Agreed that the mall (as some do) should have some sort of delivery/holding service so you don't have the lug your purchases around (yet another reason that I despise brick-and-mortar shopping).

As far as food goes,the two times that I was dragged to MOA (by out of town guests), we stuck to Chipotle and Buffalo Wild Wings-- neither are culinary phenoms, not even close, but they're both affordable and decent-ish. I was disappointed in Crave (I haven't been to the one in MOA, only the one in SLP)- the portions were tiny for the price and what was there was underwhelming.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:37 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
I live in Southern MN and probably have gone three or four times for the amusement and spectacle. I think the shopping aspect of that leviathan is secondary.

You can get a good afternoon's workout just making a single pass through all the corridors and along the way you'll probably run into some interesting things to see and do.

But other than that and as a tourist attraction I've never seen the MOA as functional.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:01 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
I didn't like crave either. They had very few actual sushi options, way way expensive and not good portions. And I am not a huge portion kind of gal. not to mention it was slammed and they couldn't keep up so it took 45 minutes to even get waited on.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:20 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
I went to MOA today. Walked all 3 levels (I did not need to go to the 4th floor), bought a book at Barnes and Noble and some chocolate at Lindt. Listened to a few choirs sing at the east atrium (a different choir at each lap). I like what they are doing with the food court on the north side, 3rd level. Lots of renovation going on. Talked to one of Santa's elves in front of the Sears court. All in all, spent about 3 hours there. Then drove to Maple Grove for lunch.

I had some other errands to run up there, so why not?!

Old 12-21-2015, 09:58 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellysbelly View Post
I don't get the appeal of shopping at MOA (or any mall, frankly)-- that's why God invented online shopping, especially with free shipping and/or returns, coupon codes and cashback from Ebates, there's almost no reason to shop the 'old fashioned' way, but I digress....

Philosophically speaking, I'd MUCH rather spend my money in a store - that if not based in the Twin Cities at least has a brick-n-mortar presence here - than at an online store like Amazon.

Why? Because all of your money is going to Seattle. All of it. Not that I'm against Seattle, it's a lovely city .

Yes, I'm "old-fashioned" in this regard, but I'd rather spend money in a store whose profits and salaries at least partially gets distributed to my neighbors and friends than hand it over to a faceless corporate identity on the west coast. (A corporate identity that is in many ways is even a worse employer than Wal-Mart. Google some of the Amazon horror stories. You may want to think twice about giving your money to them.)

The other upside of buying locally is that many, many retailers (though they don't always advertise it) will match Amazon's prices. And you actually get to touch the thing you are buying before you buy it and take it home right there.

But hey, that's just me being an ideologue. And I do have an Amazon Prime Membership

Last edited by Astron1000; 12-21-2015 at 10:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul