Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 12:30 PM

11 posts, read 39,369 times

Advertisements

Good Day all,

Sorry if this is a repetitive post.

I moved to Milwaukee, WI from Brooklyn NY nearly 4 years ago. I've been itching to see some of the better ballparks in the Midwest as I'm an avid baseball fan and would like to take my family (wife, 5yo girl, 2yo boy) to various ball parks to follow my beloved Yankees.

I've only been to the MSP area for a wedding, which was an in-and-out affair so never really got to see or do anything around the area. Not to mention the wedding was in March, so very little was done outdoors!

I was curious about a few things:

1. Areas to sit in the stadium to have a great perspective of the game and relative prices if you know.
2. Things to do around the ballpark.
3. if making a weekend of it with the family, other areas of interest.
4. Must see, Must do's and Great areas to eat around the area!

I appreciate the input!

Best,
Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 12:43 PM

68 posts, read 94,950 times
1. Anywhere you sit is a great seat. Look around on stubhub. You can easily get $20 tickets in the upper levels. For lower level, look for $40-60 along either baseline. The 3rd baseline is great as it gives you a view of downtown across the park.
2. Kierans, Pizza Luce or Huberts for food & drinks.
3. Walking around downtown is great. Head over to St. Anthony Main and the riverfront area. Mall of America. Valley Fair. St Paul Saints game. State Fair if you go late summer.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:03 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,086,638 times
the 3rd base side tends to stay in the sun when it's out and is a better place to sit during those early season afternoon games. Don't pass up a chance to get one of Tony-O's Cuban sandwiches inside the ballpark.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:54 PM

367 posts, read 546,342 times
Target Field is beautiful, but unfortunately you won't be able to see it because no Yankee fans are allowed anywhere near the stadium.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:22 PM

6,569 posts, read 7,157,312 times
Left field lower level is good (home run area) and right field lower level and try and get first row. I'd suggest tickets also look at on street tickets for deals. For instance last Sunday's Wild game, found outside the rink- 2 lower level 15th row behind Florida's bench for $80 per ticket (face value was $152 per seat) Same can be found for Twins games, just worth looking into.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:13 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,074,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SForMNLee View Post
1. Anywhere you sit is a great seat. Look around on stubhub. You can easily get $20 tickets in the upper levels. For lower level, look for $40-60 along either baseline. The 3rd baseline is great as it gives you a view of downtown across the park.
2. Kierans, Pizza Luce or Huberts for food & drinks.
3. Walking around downtown is great. Head over to St. Anthony Main and the riverfront area. Mall of America. Valley Fair. St Paul Saints game. State Fair if you go late summer.
Note that Target Field, Mall of America and the Saints (CHS Stadium in Lowertown, St. Paul, opened last year) are all on light rail lines.

The Green Line is an East-West line that essentially goes from downtown St. Paul to downtown Minneapolis, the Blue Line runs from the Mall of America north to MSP airport and on up to downtown Minneapolis, joining the Green Line for the run through downtown Minneapolis west to Target Field.

With both, you can buy a 6-hour Event Pass or a 24-hour pass that transfer to buses. Something to consider as you plan if you want to leave the car at the hotel (Day Pass - Metro Transit).

Old 03-08-2016, 03:17 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,086,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody2Mn View Post
Target Field is beautiful, but unfortunately you won't be able to see it because no Yankee fans are allowed anywhere near the stadium.

I figured he was a Dodger fan being from Brooklyn

Old 03-08-2016, 04:44 PM

35 posts, read 28,966 times
The Twins stadium seems to encourage walking around and viewing the game from different spots.

I don't know how common that is in MLB stadiums as I've only been to the Twins and SF Giants.

Pizza Luce is pretty good for a family. It's a couple blocks away.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:54 PM

11 posts, read 39,369 times
Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate your points of view and look forward to this trip!

Best,
Steve

Old 03-11-2016, 09:41 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,015,943 times
Target field has to be the most god awful ugly stadium, of the newer stadiums. It's nothing like the newer stadiums in Baltimore and SF that have a retro look. It is awful modern architecture and the team and city should be given a refund.

That said it has some of the most amazing food (though they don't got squat on dodger dogs). And the stadium is in a good location.

I went there in 2014 for the dodgers twins series. I was a loud obnoxious dodger fan and no one gave me any trouble. Hell, they bought me beer. Very nice compared to Giants fans. Fair weather fans for sure, but nice none the less.

Unless the team is competitive, attendance is very lack luster and they are not exactly 'passionate'.

I've been to 25 of the stadiums currently in commission and only have a few more to go. The Target Field experience is pretty "Meh", but worth crossing off the bucket list. I certainly liked it more than Milwaukee.

Me and my friends went to the Mall of America and went skateboarding around downtown.

This link is pretty spot on, regarding where not to sit:

http://www.ballparkchasers.com/profiles/blogs/beware-of-obstructed-views-at

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul