Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 05:52 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times

Advertisements

Let's be honest with ourselves...Minneapolis/St.Paul is far from being a mecca for burritos. According to fivethirtyeight.com who conducted a massive burrito bracket a little while back that distinction belongs to San Francisco. See results here: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-best-burrito/

Unfortunately there wasn't a single Minnesota restaurant even worthy of making it to their final 64 bracket. So my question for you is this - Does the Twin Cities contain any establishment (brick and mortar or food truck) with a delicious burrito? Where can the absolute best one be found. And please don't say Chipotle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 07:46 AM

91 posts, read 119,069 times
My parents rave about Catelina's in Columbia Heights- Catalina's Restaurant | Columbia Heights, Mn 55421

Old 04-14-2017, 08:17 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Located on the first floor of Northstar Center (between Capella Tower and Wells Fargo Center) I've always liked the burittos you could get here...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/la-loma-tamales-minneapolis

Old 04-14-2017, 10:24 AM

367 posts, read 545,033 times
I've always loved Burrito Mercado in St. Paul.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:16 PM

7 posts, read 8,879 times
Andale Taqueria Y Mercado in Richfield on 77th and Nicollet. You will not be disappointed!!!

Old 04-16-2017, 07:15 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,400,285 times
Super America!

Old 04-16-2017, 09:47 AM

993 posts, read 1,766,491 times
I don't know many burrito places here, but I really like Catrina's in Oakdale (and I think they opened one in St. Anthony recently). It's like Chipotle, but way better and cheaper too.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:59 PM

628 posts, read 1,436,247 times
Noone on here has actually mentioned the best burrito in Minneapolis. Taco Cat in Midtown Global Market. I've lived in the southwest and had Sonoran slop in Phoenix/Tucson and green chile in New Mexico/Colorado and mission burritos in San Francisco and all that and Taco Cat is the best, hands down imo. Andale in Richfield is awesome too. Open til 3am on some nights, but Taco Cat is the best.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:39 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Thanks for the suggestions thus far. I will check all of these out to see how they fare against the best. I have yet to find a go-to burrito in this market but I've had a few decent ones. A few I can think of off the top of my head are Pineda Tacos and a food truck across the street from the Cub Foods at 60th and Nicollet called Victor Hugo. They serve a unique and fairly tasty "Indurrito" at Hot Indian Foods at the Global Market. I had a good burrito once at Marissa's located right behind the Lake St Kmart. I'll throw a couple classic taquerias on the list too, Los Ocampo, La Hacienda and Taco Taxi. Finally if you're a hipster and believe a prerequisite to a good burrito is that it is sold in the dumpiest establishment possible than look no further than Taqueria El Ranchito in Richfield. Maybe we need to start our own Minnesota burrito bracket. We'll need more entries if we're going to get this thing up to 64 though....

1. Taco Cat - Minneapolis
2. Andale Taqueria - Richfield
3. Catalina's Restaurant - Columbia Heights
4. La Loma - Minneapolis
5. Burrito Mercado - St. Paul
6. Catrinas Mexican Restaurant - Oakdale
7. Victor Hugo food truck - Minneapolis
8. Pineda Tacos - Minneapolis
9. Hot Indian Foods - Minneapolis
10. Taqueria Los Ocampo - Minneapolis
11. Taqueria La Hacienda - Minneapolis
12. Taco Taxi - Minneapolis
13. Taqueria El Ranchito - Minneapolis
14. Marissa's Market and Bakery - Minneapolis

Keep the suggestions coming!

Old 04-19-2017, 03:44 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Thanks for the suggestions thus far. I will check all of these out to see how they fare against the best. I have yet to find a go-to burrito in this market but I've had a few decent ones. A few I can think of off the top of my head are Pineda Tacos and a food truck across the street from the Cub Foods at 60th and Nicollet called Victor Hugo. They serve a unique and fairly tasty "Indurrito" at Hot Indian Foods at the Global Market. I had a good burrito once at Marissa's located right behind the Lake St Kmart. I'll throw a couple classic taquerias on the list too, Los Ocampo, La Hacienda and Taco Taxi. Finally if you're a hipster and believe a prerequisite to a good burrito is that it is sold in the dumpiest establishment possible than look no further than Taqueria El Ranchito in Richfield. Maybe we need to start our own Minnesota burrito bracket. We'll need more entries if we're going to get this thing up to 64 though....

1. Taco Cat - Minneapolis
2. Andale Taqueria - Richfield
3. Catalina's Restaurant - Columbia Heights
4. La Loma - Minneapolis
5. Burrito Mercado - St. Paul
6. Catrinas Mexican Restaurant - Oakdale
7. Victor Hugo food truck - Minneapolis
8. Pineda Tacos - Minneapolis
9. Hot Indian Foods - Minneapolis
10. Taqueria Los Ocampo - Minneapolis
11. Taqueria La Hacienda - Minneapolis
12. Taco Taxi - Minneapolis
13. Taqueria El Ranchito - Minneapolis
14. Marissa's Market and Bakery - Minneapolis

Keep the suggestions coming!
This is a great public service. I am going to start working my way through this list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul