Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 04:05 PM

628 posts, read 1,436,427 times

Advertisements

Wow I forgot about the Indurrito. We're also forgetting about El Taco Riendo in NE. Oh dear..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 05:49 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,706,778 times
My house. Just made a pulled smoked chicken burrito with avocado, black beans, corn salsa, a dash of Sriracha and a squeeze of lime.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:43 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
My house. Just made a pulled smoked chicken burrito with avocado, black beans, corn salsa, a dash of Sriracha and a squeeze of lime.
Please add a drive-thru window, Mr. Roboto.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:46 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Thanks for the suggestions thus far. I will check all of these out to see how they fare against the best. I have yet to find a go-to burrito in this market but I've had a few decent ones. A few I can think of off the top of my head are Pineda Tacos and a food truck across the street from the Cub Foods at 60th and Nicollet called Victor Hugo. They serve a unique and fairly tasty "Indurrito" at Hot Indian Foods at the Global Market. I had a good burrito once at Marissa's located right behind the Lake St Kmart. I'll throw a couple classic taquerias on the list too, Los Ocampo, La Hacienda and Taco Taxi. Finally if you're a hipster and believe a prerequisite to a good burrito is that it is sold in the dumpiest establishment possible than look no further than Taqueria El Ranchito in Richfield. Maybe we need to start our own Minnesota burrito bracket. We'll need more entries if we're going to get this thing up to 64 though....

1. Taco Cat - Minneapolis
2. Andale Taqueria - Richfield
3. Catalina's Restaurant - Columbia Heights
4. La Loma - Minneapolis
5. Burrito Mercado - St. Paul
6. Catrinas Mexican Restaurant - Oakdale
7. Victor Hugo food truck - Minneapolis
8. Pineda Tacos - Minneapolis
9. Hot Indian Foods - Minneapolis
10. Taqueria Los Ocampo - Minneapolis
11. Taqueria La Hacienda - Minneapolis
12. Taco Taxi - Minneapolis
13. Taqueria El Ranchito - Minneapolis
14. Marissa's Market and Bakery - Minneapolis

Keep the suggestions coming!
A C-D thread worth subscribing!

Old 04-20-2017, 01:32 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,545,299 times
Any burrito is a good burrito to me.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:31 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,061,152 times
Not a burrito fan but since i've moved to the Twin Cities from St Cloud i've actually found a handful of people that say nonstop good things about Bravo Burrito in St Cloud with one person saying he goes to St Cloud just to go there because theres nothing as good in the cities.. Not a burrito fan so I can't comment myself having never eaten there or any burrito place in the Twin Cities besides Chipotle and Pancheros.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:13 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,931,772 times
Ok, I'll throw in...based on tacos and burritos I've tried in St. Paul:

Morelos (West St. Paul, in the strip mall on Dodd Road at Smith Avenue)
Boca Chica (Cesar Chavez Blvd, St. Paul) -- more of a chimichanga, but good!
Tavial Grill (W. 7th Street, St. Paul) -- try the pastor w/pineapple or lengua burritos!

Yummmm....getting hungry thinking about it!

Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 PM

464 posts, read 802,973 times
I'll add El Parian in Eagan as well -- good burritos, and good everything else too. They also have locations in Lakeville and Long Lake, but I have not been to either of them.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:50 AM

540 posts, read 1,096,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Not a burrito fan but since i've moved to the Twin Cities from St Cloud i've actually found a handful of people that say nonstop good things about Bravo Burrito in St Cloud with one person saying he goes to St Cloud just to go there because theres nothing as good in the cities.. Not a burrito fan so I can't comment myself having never eaten there or any burrito place in the Twin Cities besides Chipotle and Pancheros.
I don't know if I'd drive from the cities to get them, but their burritos are good and they are HUGE. I used to go there a lot when I went to SCSU back in the 90's.

Seconding the above recommendation for Boca Chica. Probably my favorite Mexican place in the cities. El Azteca in Apple Valley is good too. Actually, with our growing Latino population, there are a lot of good Mexican places in the cities. That article referenced by the OP is kind of ridiculous. It just smacks of an elitist coastal hipster, who probably just dismissed anything in the Midwest.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:25 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,193,338 times
I have a cousin in the east metro area that really likes the burritos at Nacho Mama's in Stillwater, especially their pulled BBQ pork burrito. That is also her husband's favorite. I did not get a chance to try it when I was visiting there a year ago.

I'm sure they are a little pricier than some other burritos on the list, though. Nacho Mama home.

Last edited by chessgeek; 04-21-2017 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul