Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 11:48 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,096,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
That’s right there was a baby in the car...moms and pops all high and ***** and carrying...just another ordinary family car ride...wtf
I've heard they go out in groups with their cameras ready to catch the po-leece doing something they shouldn't so they can get a big settlement/payout. I was driving home from work not long ago on 3rd and Earl and saw some chick with an Ipad videotaping a SPPD traffic stop late at night...like WTH???

She all had her ipad all ready and stuff?

Pitiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 04:55 PM

1,356 posts, read 888,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I've heard they go out in groups with their cameras ready to catch the po-leece doing something they shouldn't so they can get a big settlement/payout. I was driving home from work not long ago on 3rd and Earl and saw some chick with an Ipad videotaping a SPPD traffic stop late at night...like WTH???

Pitiful.
This comment is so ignorant

Old 03-09-2019, 05:04 PM

You're telling me there isn't a segment of society that is antagonistic towards authorities knowing if they play their cards right and get roughed up (and capture it on video) they will get a payday?

I'm telling you you're wrong.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:47 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,950,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
This comment is so ignorant
Actually, why is that hard to believe? The new component being selective videotaping by citizens.

Why is it any different than the professional slip-n-fallers, folks that jump on a bus after an accident, staged car accidents? just pop open that recording device at the right time to film a cop doing something and $$ out later. Plus you may become a worldwide celebrity once the video goes viral and get GMA, CNN, Ellen, interviews, Kamala Harris et al politicians, and like some others, the announcement of your Presidential announcement. Hell, you may even get a spotlight solo on stage at Dem National Convention. Plus all the freebies besides the $$.

Make sure though that you don't record what went down prior to a cop/s reaction.

Sure there are ''bad'' cops but why can't you believe people manipulate, in this case, cops with deep pocketed city protection?

Old 03-10-2019, 01:47 PM

1,356 posts, read 888,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Actually, why is that hard to believe? The new component being selective videotaping by citizens.

Why is it any different than the professional slip-n-fallers, folks that jump on a bus after an accident, staged car accidents? just pop open that recording device at the right time to film a cop doing something and $$ out later. Plus you may become a worldwide celebrity once the video goes viral and get GMA, CNN, Ellen, interviews, Kamala Harris et al politicians, and like some others, the announcement of your Presidential announcement. Hell, you may even get a spotlight solo on stage at Dem National Convention. Plus all the freebies besides the $$.

Make sure though that you don't record what went down prior to a cop/s reaction.

Sure there are ''bad'' cops but why can't you believe people manipulate, in this case, cops with deep pocketed city protection?
There's nothing wrong with recording cops. I say expose all you can.

Old 03-10-2019, 02:54 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,950,533 times
Quote:
But when the intent is to manipulate for $ only, that’s a problem and, if you read my post, this problem is included in it.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:07 AM

871 posts, read 1,089,736 times
Quote:

Pitiful.
Yes. It's really rare for people to have smartphones with cameras on them. Must be some sort of nefarious conspiracy.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:09 AM

413 posts, read 324,233 times
Quote:
Why do you hate the police?

Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
Yes. It's really rare for people to have smartphones with cameras on them. Must be some sort of nefarious conspiracy.
They're antagonistic towards them on purpose, to get a rise out of them and trigger some sort of conflict and thus a recording they can use as ammunition for lawsuits. - combative, defiant, belligerent.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:26 AM

871 posts, read 1,089,736 times
Quote:
They're antagonistic towards them on purpose, to get a rise out of them and trigger some sort of conflict and thus a recording they can use as ammunition for lawsuits. - combative, defiant, belligerent.
Is it like a 'perjury trap', where the 'victim' (in this case, a triggered public official) could not be blamed for breaking a law because they were lured into it?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul