Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:47 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times

Advertisements

Yesterday was 5 minutes of bliss during the Vikings first and only touchdown drive of the game followed by 55 minutes of misery when the Eagles dominated play for the rest of the entire game on both sides of the ball and won 38-7.

The only solace a Vikings fan can get is watching replays of the 61 yard Keenum to Diggs miracle TD pass on the last play of the game that beat New Orleans the prior Sunday, 29-24.

Also keep in mind that the Detroit Lions have never even made it to the Super Bowl. NEVER. Despite having some great players like Alex Karras, Mel Farr, Lem Barney, Greg Landry, Barry Sanders, Herman Moore, Calvin Johnson, Jason Hansen, Matt Stafford, etc.

So it could be worse, don'tcha know.

My Super Bowl prediction: Philadelphia 27, New England 24.

I hope that Minnesota's US Bank Stadium hosts a close, exciting Super Bowl game!

Last edited by chessgeek; 01-22-2018 at 11:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 12:17 AM

150 posts, read 143,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Yesterday was 5 minutes of bliss during the Vikings first and only touchdown drive of the game followed by 55 minutes of misery when the Eagles dominated play for the rest of the entire game on both sides of the ball and won 38-7.

The only solace a Vikings fan can get is watching replays of the 61 yard Keenum to Diggs miracle TD pass on the last play of the game that beat New Orleans the prior Sunday, 29-24.

Also keep in mind that the Detroit Lions have never even made it to the Super Bowl. NEVER. Despite having some great players like Alex Karras, Mel Farr, Lem Barney, Greg Landry, Barry Sanders, Herman Moore, Calvin Johnson, Jason Hansen, Matt Stafford, etc.

So it could be worse, don'tcha know.

My Super Bowl prediction: Philadelphia 27, New England 24.

I hope that Minnesota's US Bank Stadium hosts a close, exciting Super Bowl game!
I tell you, the first 5 minutes had me dreaming of a beatdown ... just not on the receiving end.
I was very rapidly brought back to reality though!

I too am rooting for the 'underdogs' Eagles ... and so they win their 1st Super Bowl.

After the Vikings win a Super Bowl (2019 hopefully - Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta) this is my complete wish list of teams to win thereafter:
1) Bills
2) Cardinals (because of that class act WR Larry Fitzgerald)
3) Jaguars
4) Lions
5) Browns

I think SB 52 will be a thriller ... we already know there can be no finish in that stadium as dramatic as Diggs though

Old 01-23-2018, 10:51 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times
And it's HOCKEY season.... (just like that)

Old 01-23-2018, 12:07 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
And it's HOCKEY season.... (just like that)
pitchers and catchers report 3 weeks from today

Old 01-23-2018, 12:44 PM

413 posts, read 323,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Here's to all the fans saying they were gonna coast because Foles sucks, and no way was Foles gonna do anything vs. the Minn. defense, blah blah blah.......people going to Philly and putting Vikes gear on the Rocky Balboa statue, doing skol chants in front of all their monuments. Could you have been any more obnoxious?? Talk about lighting a fire for the other team! Try a little humility next time, or at least winning something first before you decide to act like Ohio St. fans......minus the championships of course.

Seems like the team and the fans both read and believed a whole lotta press clippings prior to this one. Like a 13 win team was just gonna lie down in their own place so Minnesota could play in the Super Bowl at home.

Surprise! Season over!

"Hater, party of 1"

Old 01-23-2018, 09:55 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Uff da, you’re mean.
Just kidding.
...Sorta.

You have to cut the Vikings fans some slack, given their team’s heart-breaking history. And you’re a Minnesotan now!

ZOMG. How many Super Bowl championships do either the Pats or Eagles need?? Talk about a monopoly-esp the NE Pats. Surely they should let other teams taste the sweetness of success?

It’s going to be a boring SB for many folks outside of these two areas.

That’s it. I’m boycotting the SB and the NFL!

Eta: oops realized that the Eagles have never won.
In which case: Go Eagles!
They won three national championship games before they were called the superbowl. I think the last one was in 1960. They have had their big day.

I'd like to see them win. They've waited decades for this next chance. I'd be happy if anyone took this away from the Patriots.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
They won three national championship games before they were called the superbowl. I think the last one was in 1960. They have had their big day.

I'd like to see them win. They've waited decades for this next chance. I'd be happy if anyone took this away from the Patriots.
IMHO, the only ones that count are actual Super Bowl wins ... that said I am rooting for the Eagles to win their first. I think they have the right playing style to do so. The NY Giants are the only NFL team to beat the Patriots twice in Super Bowls and did it with an effective pass rush along with good defense in general and enough offense (The Pats defense often gets overlooked because of TB12's supremacy). The Eagles can emulate that and if Foles plays like he did against our beloved Vikings then the Eagles should be able to beat the Pats with a 'perfect game'.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:53 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,359,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post

Those wins, while great accomplishments, are just not the same as a Super Bowl win, especially as the NFL evolved in national prominence and the League solidified. Plus, their later Championship losses were so heart-breaking considering how some were lost, and despite the depth of talent they had, whether in coaching, offense, or defense.

Anderson's missed field goal in '98 was like an unbelievably bad Hollywood script.

As for this year's SB... Meh. As with many older fans, my interest in the NFL has waned as they've changed in priorities, and the nature of the entire NFL franchise went from being a platform for local civic pride to one representing excess and $$$. No wonder they're trying to expand their reach to overseas markets.

I will be very surprised in the Eagles win against Robo-Brady and the entire Patriots machine. But I'll always root for the underdog - even if I choose not to watch it.

Last edited by mingna; 01-24-2018 at 07:21 AM..

Old 01-24-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
...Anderson's missed field goal in '98 was like an unbelievably bad Hollywood script.....
Poor Gary. At least what was at stake was not as big as what happened with Scott Norwood's miss ("wide right")
Though watching ESPN's "Four falls of Buffalo" really made me appreciate the Bills fan base .... like Vikings nations - very supportive.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:49 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
I'm more of a fan of the game than to cling to one team but the Vikings did have a great season and it was sad seeing it end how it did, now im probably rooting for the other underdog, the Eagles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul