Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 04:54 AM

9,744 posts, read 11,165,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I thought it was a good theory but I think Glenfield is correct on this one. I found a website which will break down housing units built by decade in major US cities. In comparing St. Paul with Minneapolis I didn’t find much of a difference between housing units built (relatively speaking) between 1960-1980.

https://www.governing.com/gov-data/t...in-cities.html
That is a fun website and thanks for sharing. While not applicable to MPLS or St. Paul, for 2010 and later, the housing stock increases have not been updated. I've looked at towns that have had some MASSIVE growth and the bar is extremely low. To show what I mean, look at The Villages, FL. It's ranked No. 1 in percentage growth from 2010 to 2018 at a whopping 38% over that 8-year stretch. Yet the link shows small growth. Same-same on other high growth towns like Bend, OR etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 07:15 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,680,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apparel View Post
Minneapolis was a nice friendly place and affordable between 1950 and 1990. I lived in Minneapolis my entire life up until a few years ago. Minneapolis didn't have major crime issues or any other reason to have fled more the St.Paul. Minneapolis started to have a crime problems in the 90's when people from Chicago began to move there. And Minneapolis was always pretty affordable but not so much now that everyone seems to want to move there.. but whatever some people are a know it all.
This is a ridiculously bold claim and it's conjecture. This is also a very short-sighted analysis. It's a lazy take, but if that's the hill you're willing to die on, by all means.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:57 AM

171 posts, read 179,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
This is a ridiculously bold claim and it's conjecture. This is also a very short-sighted analysis. It's a lazy take, but if that's the hill you're willing to die on, by all means.
I don't know what you're talking about. You have any reason for even bothering to comment? Lazy take lol ok. Dont read it.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:17 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about. You have any reason for even bothering to comment? Lazy take lol ok. Dont read it.
don't like your posts criticized, don't post

Old 02-07-2020, 07:52 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about. You have any reason for even bothering to comment?
Could be they're bothering to comment because this is a public forum that exists for the sole purpose of participants bothering to comment. I dunno.....am I oversimplifying things here?

Old 02-07-2020, 09:52 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,713,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
don't like your posts criticized, don't post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Could be they're bothering to comment because this is a public forum that exists for the sole purpose of participants bothering to comment. I dunno.....am I oversimplifying things here?
I did not take it that Apparel was objecting to any criticism, only to the lack of any substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
There really isn’t much here. Why is it “ridiculously bold?” Conjecture is an opinion. What is his post if not conjecture? That’s about the only thing that gets posted in this forum! How is it “short-sighted” or a “lazy take?” And exactly where does Apparel suggest that he/she is willing to die for this opinion?

If it’s fair for knke0204 to post a string of unsubstantiated opinions about Apparel’s post— and I think it is— then it’s equally fair for Apparel to criticize knke0204’s post.

Just as I am sure someone will, fairly, chime in to criticize this one.

Old 02-07-2020, 10:34 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
I did not take it that Apparel was objecting to any criticism, only to the lack of any substance.

There really isn’t much here. Why is it “ridiculously bold?” Conjecture is an opinion. What is his post if not conjecture? That’s about the only thing that gets posted in this forum! How is it “short-sighted” or a “lazy take?” And exactly where does Apparel suggest that he/she is willing to die for this opinion?

If it’s fair for knke0204 to post a string of unsubstantiated opinions about Apparel’s post— and I think it is— then it’s equally fair for Apparel to criticize knke0204’s post.

Just as I am sure someone will, fairly, chime in to criticize this one.
Your take, as ridiculously bold as it was, is also quite lazy.

Old 02-08-2020, 08:58 PM

202 posts, read 429,481 times
Compare the demographic changes in those time periods and you may have an answer

Old 02-09-2020, 11:31 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,709,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinneapolis View Post
Compare the demographic changes in those time periods and you may have an answer
Why don't you explain what you're talking about, rather than just issuing a vague reference to 'demographic changes'?

Old 02-11-2020, 11:33 AM

152 posts, read 290,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Why don't you explain what you're talking about, rather than just issuing a vague reference to 'demographic changes'?
In the 2010 census, the average household size was 2.22. It was 3.08 in 1950.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul