Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 09:27 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,716,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Nothing that you said has any relevance to what happened. George Floyd died due to homicide at the hands of Minneapolis police. This was confirmed by two different autopsies. These are the facts.
I don’t think the autopsy reports are quite as unambiguous as you assume.

Quote:
The family's autopsy notes that the knee on Floyd's neck wasn't the only reason he couldn't breathe: because he was handcuffed behind his back and someone was kneeling on his back, his diaphragm couldn't function properly.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's autopsy report states that Floyd died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."

The Medical Examiner's office said it found "no physical findings" to "support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation," according to a criminal complaint released by the Hennepin County Attorney's Office on Friday.
The prosecution will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was the action of Chauvin that caused his death, since he is charged with the murder and the others are charged with aiding and abetting Chauvin. Clearly, that is a complicated task given that other factors, including the actions of other officers, that are cited in the two reports. If the officer who was kneeling on his back was the one who caused his death, well then it wasn’t Chauvin and the others didn’t aid and abet him.

I have no idea what ultimately caused Mr Floyd’s death, but do you see how a defense attorney might use this to cause reasonable doubt? In time, this will all play out in court.

https://www.katc.com/news/medical-ex...endent-autopsy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 02:19 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,768,755 times
His aiding friends Im sure will have him sewn up big time when it gets to court... they wont want to go the same place as hes going..

Old 06-06-2020, 03:25 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,768,755 times
His aiding friends Im sure will have him sewn up big time when it gets to court... they wont want to go the same place as hes going..

Old 06-06-2020, 05:35 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,381,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post

The prosecution will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was the action of Chauvin that caused his death, since he is charged with the murder and the others are charged with aiding and abetting Chauvin. Clearly, that is a complicated task given that other factors, including the actions of other officers, that are cited in the two reports. If the officer who was kneeling on his back was the one who caused his death, well then it wasn’t Chauvin and the others didn’t aid and abet him.

I have no idea what ultimately caused Mr Floyd’s death, but do you see how a defense attorney might use this to cause reasonable doubt? In time, this will all play out in court.

The criminal court case is another matter. My point is that both autopsies agreed that Floyd’s death was the result of homicide. Kavalier’s speculation and unfounded theories do not change this.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:32 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post

Quote:
The criminal court case is another matter. My point is that both autopsies agreed that Floyd’s death was the result of homicide. Kavalier’s speculation and unfounded theories do not change this.
A person with heart disease who takes meth and fentanyl (among other drugs) is not doing their heart any favors. Maybe Floyd wasn't intelligent enough to know this pretty elementary stuff?

I don't need to explain this to you.

The defense is absolutely going to point out toxicology in this trial.

Which way it goes, we don't know. I think it actually looks a lot better for Chauvin now than it did a week ago, now that it has come to light that Floyd: had heart disease, was high on narcotics that cause a tremendous amount of stress on a person's heart.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:35 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
My guess?: Chauvin gets roughly 3 years in prison. Manslaughter of some sort.

Old 06-06-2020, 01:59 PM

33 posts, read 31,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The guy had a weak heart, yet he still knowingly shot poisonous narcotics into his bloodstream. Meth and Fentanyl? Are you ------- kidding me?

How in the h--- am I supposed to care about a guy with such a death wish? Never mind the fact he abandoned a 6 yo in TX, and apparently had multiple children with multiple women, which he clearly didn't care about being a father to. GF was one of the worst people in society - I shed not one tear for him any longer.

I actually hope the police get off...they clearly didn't cause his death. If any cop DID cause his death, it was the black cop, Kueng, who was sitting on his weak heart.

My problem begins with protestors trying to make him out to be some sort of martyr. Was his death horrible, a murder, something these officers should be convicted of? YES. Does this mean policing standards and further education needs to be in place? Absolutely. The facts about how he was killed and the officers actions are clearly on the video. I just take issue with a man who beat up women, put a gun to the belly of a pregnant woman, spent years in prison, robbed/scammed/conned people, did dope, etc and had these kids of his who I don't think even knew him or met him, make them get up there on camera and give these speeches about a man they wouldn't have known was their dad if they passed him on the street. This is not a civil rights hero. This is someone who lived in Minnesota for less than 24 months and suddenly there's talk about changing one of those streets to George Floyd Way? Or naming all these foundations or programs after him? Why isn't there focus on Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery, who were both young people going places who did contribute to their communities and did value their families; neither seemed to have any prior history with the police and were out there making an honest living and doing it well? That's what role models and civil rights activists look like. They cared about people. They didn't harm them.

We need to do a better job of assigning 'civil rights champion' to anyone on the streets who has a tragic ending with police. That in itself does not define someone's life. It could have been anyone. And I'm sorry, but it does matter to me what kind of life and what kind of man was killed. His past is not suddenly erased because he was killed by the cops.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:22 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
Quote:
“Minneapolis police policy allows “neck restraints” but only when a suspect is “actively resisting” and experts say the pressure should be released quickly.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kar...8-9dc849a989c7
So it's up to the discretion of the cop?...sad..as seen by this horrendous tragedy. It shouldn't be allowed...EVER!!
Guess this cop, (and many others) just didn't get the "pressure should be released quickly part"

Old 06-20-2020, 10:30 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,381,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
So it's up to the discretion of the cop?...sad..as seen by this horrendous tragedy. It shouldn't be allowed...EVER!!
Guess this cop, (and many others) just didn't get the "pressure should be released quickly part"
This type of maneuver has since been banned by MPD.

https://apnews.com/ce3c4c56b683ae47d26bec1045a35fb7

Old 07-02-2020, 01:23 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
Quote:
This type of maneuver has since been banned by MPD.

https://apnews.com/ce3c4c56b683ae47d26bec1045a35fb7
that's good!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul