Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 03:54 PM

747 posts, read 498,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
The cities you mention, are not "inferior" cities. Get over your impression that Minneapolis is perfect....far from it. Downtown is on a big decline because of crime.....
Not anymore, no, they are all on the same level now considering recent events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 04:01 PM

182 posts, read 297,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Common Man on KFAN said a guy put a sign on his business that said “Black Owned”. They looted it.

I saw a huge number of white and latino folks looting on the news than black folk....

Old 05-28-2020, 04:09 PM

872 posts, read 999,724 times
Handful of incidences happen and the victim race baiters all come out. Remember just a few months ago the unemployment rate was among the lowest for Black Americans. Black businesses were thriving and we went on daily with no issues. Police come in contact with the public all the time and that includes all races and economic backgrounds. WE have a wealth vs poor issue not a racial issue. Sure race is part of it but not the reason.

You are only afraid and become a victim if you let the media and fear mongerer social media "influencers" let you. I don't fear for my life and I am Hispanic. I am not dark but not light and don't scream out how hard my life is because Mexicans and others are being treated a certain way. We can feel empathy and be angry but let's not pretend this is military run Venezuela or South Africa. Everyone seems to want some war or be part of some big thing. It's just creating more chaos out of isolated issues.

The ones who will suffer from this are those Minneapolis businesses and the neighborhood. The people who want peaceful protesting and justice. The police who are out there every day protecting people and strongly condeming the MPD officers. The kids who wil be told they are worthless and not to trust authority. The cycle will never break

Old 05-28-2020, 04:18 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Racism will always be around. You're naive if you think otherwise. But lets also not act like it's 1920 or even 1960. In fact, many other black people, and Latino's (specifically Mexicans) in private conversations can't wait to tell me their disdain white people.

Now I have noticed most of these situations seem to happen to dark skin black people, cop or vigilante type situations. Coincidence, maybe, maybe not. Begs the question, are dark skin individuals behaving worst than the light skin folks? Are dark skin blacks hated more?
But every black person is not created or treated the same. Your experiences are not everybody else's. I'm sure Mike Jordan or Lebron James get treated better than me anywhere they go. On the other side I may get treated better than other b/c I don't go out of my way to shady and angry all the time. It is what it is.

I'm not light myself, but not dark either. I don't feel like I'm under siege, Not by cops or white people. The interactions with these groups is not always pleasant, but never gets violent. In fact, if I'm being honest, any violent crime against me or my family has been done by blacks or Latino's, and truthfully speaking, that's the experience of the average black person. But it seems to be acceptable.

And what hurts the cause is this never seems to happen to black people who have their lives already together. Another coincidence? Always somebody either on drugs, with a criminal record, struggling financially, history of mental illness, or being extremely stupid at the flashpoint. They get in these situations, move left instead of right, and it's all she wrote after that.

And then a town gets torn apart, later followed by "why don't they bring jobs to this neighborhood?"
I wanted to write a full response to this ignorant post and I still might when I have time. But how dare you try to discredit someone's experience just because you haven't experienced it yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Uncommon_ View Post
Not anymore, no, they are all on the same level now considering recent events.
I think it's ridiculous to define the city by this incident. This could happen in any major US city.

Last edited by Mezter; 05-28-2020 at 05:19 PM..

Old 05-28-2020, 04:19 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySun View Post
I saw a huge number of white and latino folks looting on the news than black folk....
Sure. Too funny. Look at YouTube. Of 90% minority. Maybe 95%. The news might want to select photos. Look at who is looting. Then find the lady in the wheelchair that was at a door there. You probably don’t want to see that.

Old 05-28-2020, 04:23 PM

202 posts, read 429,417 times
wheres walz at

hes been quiet as a mouse

or how about the joke named ellison

Old 05-28-2020, 04:35 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinneapolis View Post
wheres walz at

hes been quiet as a mouse

or how about the joke named ellison
The guard is activated and on the way.....MOP unit. Light armor, live ammo.........

Old 05-28-2020, 05:16 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
You can see that woman in this video. Hmm, I would call her a 1%'er as she is outnumbered 99 to 1. Good try though. You did find one, so that is impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F96DA41XgOI
Next week there will be an outcry on the lack of retail establishments in African American neighborhoods. The whole "Food Desert" argument.

"If you loot it, they won't come". Well, heck, it makes sense, those Target and Auto Zone employees all had their knees on the guy who died, and....and.....never mind.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:29 PM

10 posts, read 8,977 times
I don't know anything about Minneapolis. Is the part being looted mostly a black area, or is it downtown.

This tweet says downtown but he could be exaggerating:

https://twitter.com/gruebelschnictr/...97652787281920

Old 05-28-2020, 05:38 PM

10 posts, read 8,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
What are you talking about? You're comparing speeding - a petty misdemeanor usually resulting in a citation - to a being accused of passing a fake bill, which is akin to theft, forgery or fraud and is a federal offense. A speeding ticket will not have you out of the car unless you were driving reckless, you have outstanding warrants or the officer has additional suspicions. Conversely, if you're a counterfeiting suspect, you're coming out of the car and being detained immediately.

I get it.... you're out for blood and you've pegged me as a hate filled, racist monster so you can have someone to chew on. I obviously can't do much with someone that's raging just for the sake of it, but at least present a sensible, coherent argument if you're gonna aim that rage in my direction.
You can kill someone while you speed.

Passing a bad check of $20 in Minnesota is a misdemeanor, as one minute of crack internet sleuthing will confirm:

https://brunolaw.com/resources/gener...d-plea-options
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul