Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2022, 03:17 PM

6,545 posts, read 7,127,359 times

Advertisements

A car jacker today jacked another car jacker and shot him. So someone steals a prior stolen car and shoots his fellow comrade, I find this somewhat comical.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:41 PM

35,038 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
A car jacker today jacked another car jacker and shot him. So someone steals a prior stolen car and shoots his fellow comrade, I find this somewhat comical.
Karma!

Old 01-18-2022, 08:03 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Hadn't heard this - they really are showing their great minds. Someone shared his Ring video where a guy, dressed from head to toe in white to blend in with the snow (what do you think he's been up to?), said his car broke down and could he come in and use the phone. The homeowner told him to get lost and he turned and walked to his car, which was parked in front of the house, and drove away.

I found huge footprints in front of my LR window. They must have been size 12-13 maybe bigger. You have to be 6'5" to stand and look in that window. Freaky. Those drapes are permanently closed.

Here's an example of the mentality of many here - the discussion was around bail and the catch and release problem. One said - "Well how do you expect these impoverished people to pay bail? These rich people have no problem paying it. It's discrimination against the poor!!" egads~~~

Well I'm off to fight the fight. Going to the grocery store & a few other places - however, I am armed to the teeth with pepper spray, one of those gadgets that shreaks loudly when you pull the pin, an old nonworking cell, no purse and my real cell hidden. What we have to do just to get groceries.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:32 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,368,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Hadn't heard this - they really are showing their great minds. Someone shared his Ring video where a guy, dressed from head to toe in white to blend in with the snow (what do you think he's been up to?), said his car broke down and could he come in and use the phone. The homeowner told him to get lost and he turned and walked to his car, which was parked in front of the house, and drove away.

I found huge footprints in front of my LR window. They must have been size 12-13 maybe bigger. You have to be 6'5" to stand and look in that window. Freaky. Those drapes are permanently closed.

Here's an example of the mentality of many here - the discussion was around bail and the catch and release problem. One said - "Well how do you expect these impoverished people to pay bail? These rich people have no problem paying it. It's discrimination against the poor!!" egads~~~

Well I'm off to fight the fight. Going to the grocery store & a few other places - however, I am armed to the teeth with pepper spray, one of those gadgets that shreaks loudly when you pull the pin, an old nonworking cell, no purse and my real cell hidden. What we have to do just to get groceries.
Do you think you’re going just a tad over the top with your precautions? I’m sure you’ll be fine.

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
-FDR

Old 01-18-2022, 09:26 AM

35,038 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
A somewhat similar, personal and not recent example. One night a few days either side of December 21, 1975 I was an 18 year old working at a seasonal job at Macy's in White Plains. It was a snowy night, about the only one of that season. Pet rocks were the rage. I was one of the few on the floor, most having left early because of the weather.

I was approached by a man much larger than my 5'5" frame, and told he needed a few dollars to get his car started. Not wishing a confrontation I gave him $3 from my wallet and not from the register. I promptly went to security, telling them which exit he was heading for. The next morning, when I came to work, I was told I had "endangered a lot of people" and fired.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:

I went to a fake wallet with an old driver’s license with an old address and expired cards and about $5 in ones. I then carry a money clip you won’t find. I started this about two summers ago and still do it out of habit. I thought about the old phone part, but chose not to do it. I hangout in Mpls all the time and I don’t fear it at all. The only thing that’s changed is when I plow snow by myself I won’t go to one business property overnight, it’s not worth it. I can also get away with doing it another time. I also used to leave my plow truck running my entire Mpls route, now I’ll never do that again.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:20 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Do you think you’re going just a tad over the top with your precautions? I’m sure you’ll be fine.

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
-FDR
Once again ~ Either you're not paying attention or are in a permanent state of denial.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:29 PM

588 posts, read 562,322 times
Quote:
I’ve done the same with my cell phone, and my car key has a panic button on it. Also, I’ve completely changed my routine of how I get in/out of my car in the garage. I used to press the button on the garage wall first, then get into the car as it’s opening. Now I get into my car first, then open the garage. Visa versa, when I get home I make sure the garage door is closed before I get out of the car.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:44 PM

588 posts, read 562,322 times
Quote:
Once again ~ Either you're not paying attention or are in a permanent state of denial.
Cruz lives in the Southwest neighborhood…go to community crime map dot com website and you will see, since Dec 19th, there has been very few crime reports for that area. Scroll that map south to Bloomington, and west to highways 100 and 169, that is where those car theft icons start showing. I was shocked to see in Brooklyn Park north of 94 the majority of the icons are car thefts.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
I’ve done the same with my cell phone, and my car key has a panic button on it. Also, I’ve completely changed my routine of how I get in/out of my car in the garage. I used to press the button on the garage wall first, then get into the car as it’s opening. Now I get into my car first, then open the garage. Visa versa, when I get home I make sure the garage door is closed before I get out of the car.
The one thing I’ve noticed in the crime reporting groups is women are 99% of the targets in the car jackings and walking on street robberies of purses/phones. Easier targets for the 16-22 year olds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul