Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 06:04 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
The biggest fear with this virus is
Fear itself.......which is what your types have been peddling since this began. I swear you talk just to hear yourself. It makes you feel powerful to THINK you know better and to tell the rest of us how stupid and uninformed we are. Even your local news god, the Star Tribune, has had to pump the brakes on the melodramatic covid headlines because of the real news happening such as the disintegration of the Twin Cities under DFL rule. The virus is being handled. Cases are up in spots because testing has increased exponentially since the beginning of the year. C-19 related deaths have plummeted in that span. These are the simple facts, but simple doesn't sell papers, draw viewers or fill chat forums.....hence the incessant and ridiculous drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 06:37 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Obviously since we are still in large part locked down we cannot measure what has not yet fully played out, but don’t pretend it isn’t a legitimate concern. You don’t care because that doesn’t fit the DFL party line you toe so carefully.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/h...de-health.html
Never said I didn’t care. Also if that’s your view than you would not support Greg Abbott’s recent decision to shut down bars and reduce restaurants to 50% capacity to reduce spread of the virus. So I’m not sure I understand your point?

Old 07-08-2020, 06:56 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Never said I didn’t care. Also if that’s your view than you would not support Greg Abbott’s recent decision to shut down bars and reduce restaurants to 50% capacity to reduce spread of the virus. So I’m not sure I understand your point?
I know you don’t care about the costs of the shutdown because you refuse to consider that there might be costs. You disregard them completely.

It is actually relatively easy to discern your position on any topic. One simply needs to refer to the DFL talking points and, voila, there you have it!

Old 07-08-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I know you don’t care about the costs of the shutdown because you refuse to consider that there might be costs. You disregard them completely.

It is actually relatively easy to discern your position on any topic. One simply needs to refer to the DFL talking points and, voila, there you have it!
You’re forcing the conversation down party lines unnecessarily in my opinion.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
You’re forcing the conversation down party lines unnecessarily in my opinion.
Quote:
Let’s see, the thread title names two politicians, you name another in one of your posts, and almost every post in the thread is about politics, but suddenly I’m the one “forcing the conversation down party lines unnecessarily.“

I guess when you do it, it’s necessary. You are always good for a laugh, I’ll give you that.

Last edited by Glenfield; 07-08-2020 at 12:35 PM..

Old 07-08-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Let’s see, the thread title names two politicians, you name another in one of your posts, and almost every post in the thread is about politics, but suddenly I’m the one “forcing the conversation down party lines unnecessarily.“

I guess when you do it, it’s necessary. You are always good for a laugh, I’ll give you that.
Incorrect - The conversation was about the performance of two different state governors including their response to recent events. The poster I was discussing this with is from Texas so I made the comparison of Walz to the governor of his state. You then forced yourself in the conversation with political party talking points.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Incorrect - The conversation was about the performance of two different state governors including their response to recent events. The poster I was discussing this with is from Texas so I made the comparison of Walz to the governor of his state. You then forced yourself in the conversation with political party talking points.
Public forum, pal.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Public forum, pal.
I concede that it’s a free country. Even though I find your response here kind of obnoxious I also appreciate you exercising your first amendment right. (Hey look at me, I just used a Republican talking point.)

Old 07-08-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I concede that it’s a free country. Even though I find your response here kind of obnoxious I also appreciate you exercising your first amendment right. (Hey look at me, I just used a Republican talking point.)
Did you just acknowledge that the Democrats don’t believe in the Bill of Rights?

Old 07-08-2020, 02:54 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,197,375 times
Quote:
Your governor seems pretty great by comparison, stating it was wrong to deprive someone of their liberty just because they’re not wearing a mask and then turning around and signing an executive order mandating Texans to wear face coverings in public spaces in most regions of the state after having to pause the state’s premature re-opening due to an explosion of COVID-19 cases.

Gee, wish Minnesota could have a governor as brilliant as yours.
Wow our governor wouldn't sit on his butt while a police precinct was burning. We wouldn't beg for money cause we were too stupid to do anything. We wouldn't stand and let people destroy , loot, and burn Our businesses....but then you have different standards in minnesota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul