Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 11,933 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Minneapolis in the next year and want to start looking at school districts and cares and so on?? Any help would be appreciated? Is there a school that is good or bad that I should stay away from!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 11:17 PM

164 posts, read 596,108 times
I know very little about minneapolis, but in the past I worked at the Jewish Community Center on St. Paul ave. in St. Paul. They had a very inclusive policy and would be a good resource to have. Give them a call and they'll point you in the right direction. Also try Mt. Zion school/congregation in St. Paul on Summit ave. Both of these are mainly oriented towards the Jewish community but would be happy to help anyone.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:39 PM

479 posts, read 2,223,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolls View Post
I'm moving to Minneapolis in the next year and want to start looking at school districts and cares and so on?? Any help would be appreciated? Is there a school that is good or bad that I should stay away from!
Thought you might find these threads helpful:

//www.city-data.com/forum/minne...tic-child.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/minne...ial-needs.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/minne...minnesota.html

Old 07-09-2008, 12:55 PM

701 posts, read 1,708,649 times
I'm not sure how old your child is, but Lake Harriet School in Southwest Minneapolis has an autism program, as do many schools in the area. I've heard good things about the early-intervention program for autism as well (Minneapolis Public Schools). If your child is young and you need childcare, you should take a look at Fraser School in Richfield.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 11,933 times
Default THANKS to those who responded

He is 7 yrs old will be 8 by the time I move. He currently has a good IEP that I can at least use as a good start I hope BUT... need to know that they will be willing to work with me! I just want to make sure that I can set him up well because I have move 2 schools here becuase they wanted to just put him in a special needs room with no hep for his needs! That will not work for me. THANKS to everyone who responded.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:38 PM

16 posts, read 58,396 times
I recently relocated to the MSP area with an autistic 7 year old last year. The ISD 191 (Eagan, Savage, Burnsville) district has been excellent to us - good luck!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,728 times
Hi I am going to relocate to ST Paul MN .MY 10yr son has autism would appreciate any one helping find a good school.It is nerve racking because diagnoses Thank-you

Old 12-09-2011, 07:04 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,656,542 times
I have a 14 year old autistic child attending Lions Gate Academy, a public charter school in Crystal. You may want to reach out to them for suggestions on elementary and secondary school options.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:03 AM

812 posts, read 2,172,314 times
I was going to recommend Lions Gate as well.

I know someone whose son has Aspbergers whose son is in the Hopkins district. She's shared with me some of the resources they have and they're impressive. They have a psychologist for the district that deals specifically with ASD concerns.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:28 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,294,149 times
Along with schools you may what to research county resources for services as well. Some counties in MN have better resources and programs for disabled children then others. I would suggest starting with ARC-Twin Cities for information. Our neighbors have an autistic child and are thrilled to death with the 196 schools and the programs that Dakota County offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul