Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:47 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,410,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Only problem with Stillwater is that it's far from the main employment centers.
All depends on where you work. There are plenty of employers on that side of the cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls View Post
Thanks for all the great trail advice. I have thought about Duluth, but seems like there are not a lot of jobs up there. Does anyone know if it is a safe city for a single woman to live?

I will be sure to check out all the trails mentioned as soon as I move up!

Duluth is a very safe city but you are right about jobs, they can be hard to come by. What line of work are you in, that could make a difference. Duluth is only 2 hours north of the metro so it is an easy day trip, just something to keep in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 02:48 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,926,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
nothing awe-inspiring????
Try Copper Falls State Park in Wisconsin!
Yes, we have beautiful sites, but if you are use to the White Mtns. or the canyons and rock formations of the SW, well, you might be a little disappointed right away. I love the northwoods more than anything else and wish I was back. For me, there is nothing better than watching Lake Superior through the seasons. But I'm trying to be practicable here. Its just like when people say that the midwest is flat. Well, no its not, but if you spent most of your life in the mountains, or the hills of Arkansas, well, yes, it would feel a bit flat. Same thing here--you take Arches NP, or the Needles, or Franconia Ridge, or looking down from the top of Mount Washington, etc., and put that next to a nice hike in the northwoods, or even some of the waterfalls, the latter is just not going to seem very awe-inspiring right away.

However, if you prepare yourself--accept that its different and set out to search for the beauty, then you will be much more satisfied and see the "awe" more readily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul