Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 01:01 PM

37 posts, read 153,530 times

Advertisements

what are some good plasma donation centers in the twin cities? i like donating, its a great way to pay for gas. the only place i have heard of is ZLB. any others, particularly on the south side? this is surprisingly difficult information to track down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 39,751 times
Looking for the same thing. I have heard of a fabled place, not-ZLB like where they pay a higher rate and reward not only the first two visits, but rather the first five. It is a wonderful place located somewhere in Minneapolis, but alas no other information can be found beyond the quaint tale heard at a bus stop.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:12 AM

3,971 posts, read 9,673,910 times
i get $240 a month from giving plasma, it pays half my rent for 8 hours of plasma donating. Not so bad.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:16 PM

550 posts, read 1,637,178 times
Although I'm on this block of Suburban Avenue every week, I just noticed this place last week, it's kind of tuck back behind the buildings. The Location is SE of I-94 & White Bear Lake Avenue... I can't give any recommendations, I've never used it myself.

IBR Plasma Center
1910 Suburban Ave.
St. Paul, Minnesota 55119

Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 PM

77 posts, read 305,460 times
i go to biolife in mounds view (county road H & wooddale). 10-25 minutes from uptown depending on traffic. it makes places like ZLB look like crack houses. $20 the first time in a week, $40 the second time for a total of $60 per week. not sure if other places pay better...but it works for me.

ZLB also irritates me because they are really strict about tattoos....they wouldn't take me because i have a tat within 3" of the venipuncture site...on my left arm, which i never even use for plasma because my vein there is almost nonexistant....but thats ok with me because i'd rather not donate plasma with the entire cast of boyz in da hood eying my laptop like a t-bone steak

Old 05-27-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopsie goldburg View Post
i go to biolife in mounds view (county road H & wooddale). 10-25 minutes from uptown depending on traffic. it makes places like ZLB look like crack houses. $20 the first time in a week, $40 the second time for a total of $60 per week. not sure if other places pay better...but it works for me.

ZLB also irritates me because they are really strict about tattoos....they wouldn't take me because i have a tat within 3" of the venipuncture site...on my left arm, which i never even use for plasma because my vein there is almost nonexistant....but thats ok with me because i'd rather not donate plasma with the entire cast of boyz in da hood eying my laptop like a t-bone steak

i go to ZLB in duluth, and i watch episodes of TV while i donate, i also get some other stuff done like bills.. Its not so ghetto where i go though, probably because duluth has less thugs than MPLS

Old 07-24-2009, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 39,363 times
Default Haha

You r funny! I love you!

Old 07-24-2009, 03:21 PM

83 posts, read 279,974 times
How does donating blood compare to plasma donation? I've never done the latter. Sounds lucrative now-a-days...

Old 08-14-2009, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 38,056 times
I have been to zlb, what a getto. I waited almost two hours the last time I went in and finally walked out! I also tried bio life but they didn't like one of my veins so they wouldn't take me. I think there is a new place in West Saint Paul on Robert Street by the Chipotle. I'm going to check it out today if I can get some other things done first.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHorizonz View Post
How does donating blood compare to plasma donation? I've never done the latter. Sounds lucrative now-a-days...

You dont lose any blood when you donate plasma. plus you get money. and it doenst make you feel weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul