Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:00 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,399,180 times

Advertisements

In 1994....lol. the whole country was having a crime epidemic during that time. Michael Jordans and Starters were the thing back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 03:27 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,670,101 times
1994 is the last time some of these posters were paying attention... ever since they've been on autopilot.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:53 PM

11 posts, read 16,158 times
Crime was pretty bad in the twin cities between 1990-1995 but is not as bad now.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:32 AM

I've met too many people at Hamline University that have said the TC is better than where they've come from (Milwaukee, Detroit, Chicago) the whole statement/assertion is laughable.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:33 PM

550 posts, read 1,641,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I've met too many people at Hamline University that have said the TC is better than where they've come from (Milwaukee, Detroit, Chicago) the whole statement/assertion is laughable.
My daughter attends Hamline & she says she laughs @the fears some small-town students express regarding the Frogtown area. Of course my daughter graduated from a St. Paul High School. It's all relative.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Hahaha, people you've met at Hamline University is your source? That's the upper crust of society, my friend. Living on the outskirts of North Minneapolis I can assure you that the Twin Cities do have bad areas. Anecdotal evidence does not stand up to statistics (or my years of personal experience living in the area).

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

NeighborhoodScout's data is quite reliable and has been used in magazines such as DailyFinance and Business Insider. BTW, I grew up in Chicago.

Last edited by Yac; 01-24-2012 at 06:54 AM..

Old 02-28-2012, 11:43 AM

89 posts, read 120,302 times
I would suggest finding an area you're possibly interested in and then visiting the local police station to find out what type of crimes and frequency of crimes have occurred. For me I would be concerned about personal crimes vs. property crimes. Take my TV and car, just don't beat up, shoot me, or rape me.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:35 PM

13 posts, read 21,396 times
being tht i grew up on the eastside, i have a lil more insight than some, and the minute you take your safety there for granted is when you will see the darkerside of st paul, its as thought its very secretive and most of the time you wont see anything unless you live a certain lifestyle there, there are the ocasional bystandered thts in the wrong place at the wrong time, somtimes it does depend what time of the day and where you are at theres always somthing going on in the shadows there i grew up on burr and case and the feeling of being safe is an illusion i know from experiance, and people that grew up in these areas of st paul and minneapolis know that the statistics tht the average public reads about are bs, but in all honesty i am proud of growin up where i did

Old 03-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netdiver View Post
Hahaha, people you've met at Hamline University is your source? That's the upper crust of society, my friend. Living on the outskirts of North Minneapolis I can assure you that the Twin Cities do have bad areas. Anecdotal evidence does not stand up to statistics (or my years of personal experience living in the area).

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

NeighborhoodScout's data is quite reliable and has been used in magazines such as DailyFinance and Business Insider. BTW, I grew up in Chicago.
I'm from the East Side, born and raised. I can see JHS from the house I grew up in if I walk about 10 yards from the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyboy651 View Post
being tht i grew up on the eastside, i have a lil more insight than some, and the minute you take your safety there for granted is when you will see the darkerside of st paul, its as thought its very secretive and most of the time you wont see anything unless you live a certain lifestyle there, there are the ocasional bystandered thts in the wrong place at the wrong time, somtimes it does depend what time of the day and where you are at theres always somthing going on in the shadows there i grew up on burr and case and the feeling of being safe is an illusion i know from experiance, and people that grew up in these areas of st paul and minneapolis know that the statistics tht the average public reads about are bs, but in all honesty i am proud of growin up where i did
That's true, no doubt. Lifelong East Sider here and our house was robbed twice and car broken into a number of times. I've pretty much seen enough, although I never felt afraid walking around past midnight in District 5, Payne-Phalen area.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:55 PM

13 posts, read 21,396 times
the cops are crooked judicial officials are crooked and most of the crimes that happen will never make it to public record i know this to be fact from my personel experiances of being jumped by cops down town and from others testimonials and things i have seen with my own eyes and those that grew up in the rougher areas know what im talking about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul