Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:04 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,344,702 times

Advertisements

Don't you feel lucky you have him up there making your team shine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 11:23 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,343,710 times
What can I say--he's incredible! He's the consumate professional in that he always gives 110% (unlike other former stars who claimed that they play when they want to play). I remember a few weeks ago when he got ticked off at himself for losing a fumble, and he virtually single-handedly ran the ball on an entire series for a touchdown! To me that shows that he takes his position seriously and definitely wants to contribute to the team.

We're d*** lucky to have him (and Chester Taylor also deserves lots of credit). If Tavares Jackson can continue to play at the level of the past 1-1/2 weeks, we'll have an incredible offense!

It's certainly made me watch the Vikes again!

Old 12-17-2008, 11:38 AM

987 posts, read 3,819,615 times
Imagine what we'd be without him. Just like the rest of the division.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTodd View Post
What can I say--he's incredible! He's the consumate professional in that he always gives 110% (unlike other former stars who claimed that they play when they want to play). I remember a few weeks ago when he got ticked off at himself for losing a fumble, and he virtually single-handedly ran the ball on an entire series for a touchdown! To me that shows that he takes his position seriously and definitely wants to contribute to the team.

We're d*** lucky to have him (and Chester Taylor also deserves lots of credit). If Tavares Jackson can continue to play at the level of the past 1-1/2 weeks, we'll have an incredible offense!

It's certainly made me watch the Vikes again!
I think I missed that game you're referring to, but you're completely right. I mean, this man is too good to be true. On and off the field. That's the only way I can think to describe him. Hope the fame doesn't change him.

As far as Jackson goes, we're going to have to see what Childress decides upon Frerotte's recovery. He's really being pressured to give an answer to that decision.

This has most certainly been an interesting season for the Vikings.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:57 AM

394 posts, read 1,519,142 times
Vikings themselves are an interesting story for all Minnesotans

It seems like we all love them, but we all hate them too. We have all been through the Ups and Downs. -- Four Super Bowl Losses, the Darren Nelson TD drop, Herschel Walker Trade, Do i dare mention Gary Anderson in 1998?, and the 44-0 NFC Championship Loss to NY.

But, hey, still gotta love them. AP has a chance to be placed in teh same crowd as Kevin Garnett, Kirby Puckett if he keeps it up.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:02 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
AP is awesome. I'm also a huge fan of Bernard Berrian.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
AP is awesome. I'm also a huge fan of Bernard Berrian.
Yes, he is awesome too. But for me, one thing about Peterson is that here you have a guy whose character and humility is as commendable as his skill. Great representative of Texas.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:56 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,092,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Yes, he is awesome too. But for me, one thing about Peterson is that here you have a guy whose character and humility is as commendable as his skill. Great representative of Texas.
Peterson is kinda like KG with a helmet.

People like AP and KG make pro sports worth watching, IMO. Sometimes, anyway.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:03 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,474,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Don't you feel lucky you have him up there making your team shine?
Who?

Old 12-17-2008, 04:14 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0402 View Post
It seems like we all love them, but we all hate them too.
This seems to be the paradox of the Minnesotan sports fan. The teams get mad love as long as they are winning, but when it becomes obvious that playoffs are not going to happen then these 'fans' all of a sudden don't care anymore.

I think that Minnesota could look to Nor Cal for some guidance. The Raiders are nothing special, but year in and year out from the beginning of the season until the end Raiders fans show their support 100% while they all know that a division title (at the very least) is probably not going to happen. I was living in Sacramento when the Kings relocated there. They were one of the worst teams in the league for ten years straight, but every home game sold out (or came darn close to it) during those years all the way to today. You can't half-a$$ed support your team. You either do or you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul