Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:02 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,739,553 times

Advertisements

Have you checked with HCMC's HR department? They might have some suggestions. I'm assuming that there are and have been plenty of other people over the years who have arrived new in town to work there and have had similar questions, so maybe they'd have some suggestions for convenient and affordable places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 PM

15 posts, read 37,876 times
I spoke to them and they said there are various options around the hospital as well in the suburb so you can decide what place you want to live in.... They didnot quote any particular places but some of the people working there live in downtown in East village apart some in Plymouth some in LORING PARK so they are everywhere.... So its left upon me to decide...

Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 PM

409 posts, read 1,241,608 times
The company I used to work for, JAS Apartments (now the Apartment Shop), has tons of apartments in your price range. Lots and lots in Steven's Square (just a couple blocks south of downtown, and actually just as close to HCMC as Loring Park), as well as a few in Loring Park and Elliot Park (which is only a couple blocks from HCMC). Pretty much all of their apartments would be in your price range.

Also, what you previously mentioned about the credit check taking up to a week has not been my experience. All of their credit/background checks take under 48 hours, and apartments are almost always kept move-in ready.

Their website is pretty dated and doesn't contain all that much useful information, but don't hesitate to give them a call if you're interested.

http://jasapartments.com

Old 04-07-2010, 09:54 PM

15 posts, read 37,876 times
@daperpkazoo , thanks for info, they really have lots of apartments in near by areas. And if they take only 48 hours then it should be ok to live in some hotel for 2 days and then move into the apartment. Will look into those apartments in details.

ONe question I have for all, I have seen some private posting of adds for the apartment renting ie. they are not some big apartments with no big names of the complex like this posting Three Blocks from Nicollet Mall. Walk to Downtown., Minneapolis, MN | Powered by Postlets so is it ok to rent these kind of apartments or one should go for only proper named apartments and not private owners????? Because this apartment is quite nearby HCMC and is affordable too. Although this posting does not have any pictures of the apartment itself but I can go and check out ... What do you people think ?

Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,739,553 times
I don't know about those specific apartments (I recognize them, though; I'm almost positive I've looked at them online in the past, and have certainly walked past the outside before), but I've rented many places in my life, and most were not large or managed by big companies. It looks nice in the photos; if you're worried ask for the name of the management company (assuming it's not a condo, that building -- or group of buildings, if all owned by the same place -- looks large enough that you won't really be renting from a private owner. It could also easily be that this apartment is owned by a company that owns many other buildings as well. I think you're safe, or at least as safe as you'd be renting from a big building; you could ask about things like who responds to maintenance requests and if there's anyone living on site when or if you call. I think the odds are high that they have a manager on site or nearby.

That's kind of a rambling answer, but in short, no, I don't think you need to rent from a large complex or building to get quality service or experience.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,557 times
Some nice neighborhoods are.

Lowry Hill East
Loring Park
St Anthony West
East Isles

www.pictureminneapolis.com

Last edited by tdoty; 09-23-2010 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul