Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,740,285 times

Advertisements

I actually work extensively with the Public Utilities in Princeton....You lights won't go out for very long there! I think it's a great little town. The hospital is virtually new, lots of good stores and the bigger cities are within easy driving. The only problem I had with it is they don't have a movie theater! You have to drive down to Zimmerman @20 mins? for a show.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 PM

16 posts, read 51,300 times
No biggie on the theatre, we don't go to movies much. I can't bring myself to pay $12 each out here. I can buy the movie by the time we all go.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLetendre View Post
No biggie on the theatre, we don't go to movies much. I can't bring myself to pay $12 each out here. I can buy the movie by the time we all go.
12 bucks! usally 6 around here....

Old 02-06-2012, 05:38 PM

99 posts, read 214,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
They've also hit 10 deer since moving there.
I can't even fathom how that could be possible without some incredibly irresponsible driver. I've honestly never come close to hitting a deer, including going to college in Marquette, MI and seeing 30-40 deer on the trip between Duluth and Marquette. I understand a lot of that is pure luck and I could have very easily have hit a deer by now, and it could happen tonight, but if you're careful driving at dawn and dusk, focus on the lights of the driver in front of you rather than your own, and understand the habits of deer...you will not be having problems with deer. It may happen once, but it will not happen repeatedly, no matter where you settle.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:14 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,688,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinswinmh View Post
I can't even fathom how that could be possible without some incredibly irresponsible driver. I've honestly never come close to hitting a deer, including going to college in Marquette, MI and seeing 30-40 deer on the trip between Duluth and Marquette. I understand a lot of that is pure luck and I could have very easily have hit a deer by now, and it could happen tonight, but if you're careful driving at dawn and dusk, focus on the lights of the driver in front of you rather than your own, and understand the habits of deer...you will not be having problems with deer. It may happen once, but it will not happen repeatedly, no matter where you settle.
It's all honest.
I can't even fathom it either. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just saying, it's a little ridiculous.
That family I have that lives there consists of 4 drivers, and they've lived there for about 10 years and live in the middle of nowhere (probably Baldwin Twnshp).
I make fun that I want them to drive me around for deer opener!

Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 PM

So what are the good/bad areas to live with kids? Any areas to avoid? The town looks pretty small by stats, so I was wondering about the area.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,355,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLetendre View Post
So what are the good/bad areas to live with kids? Any areas to avoid? The town looks pretty small by stats, so I was wondering about the area.
I can't give you specifics but typically in a smaller town like that, just driving through an area will give you a good idea of where you want to live and where you don't.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,660,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinswinmh View Post
II've honestly never come close to hitting a deer...
You've been lucky. They can appear from nowhere. I was in downtown Cuyahoga Falls, OH a few years back and had a big buck jump in front of my car as I was turning a corner. I didn't even know there were any woods around there! Fortunately I didn't hit him - he seemed to be bigger than my car, and would have stomped me into tin cans.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:37 AM

lots of new houseing pushing north and west but there are some real nice places in the town center and nearer the high school....Someone else advised rideing through town I heartly concur!!!

Old 02-09-2012, 08:51 AM

Well, if this job comes through, where is a good, inexpensive, short term rental that I can pick up before I move my family out to give me time to look around? Are there any apartment places that will do short term rentals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota