Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 10:33 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,111,903 times

Advertisements

groundbreaking is next week where a limited number of free public tickets to a tent-covered event featuring important dignitaries presumably patting themselves on the back in establishing a soon-to-be iconic destination on the East Side.

demo process shown here...

4D Animation - YouTube

brings me back to fondly recall the last demo of a Vikings Stadium, cheerfully carried about by the fans in attendance at the last game...

Met Stadium Tear Down - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 05:40 AM

Default Metrodome Seats Availability

info can be found here on purchasing seats (short window of opportunity exists)....

Albrecht Signs - Home| Signs Twin Cities | Signs Minneapolis

I plan on putting a couple out at the burn pit mounted on a couple of 4 X 4s set into the ground. The flip up feature will be good for keeping snow off them.

$64.28/ea

saw recently that an old seat from the Met Stadium recently sold on eBay for $239 + shpg

Original Refinished Metropolitan Met Stadium Seat Chair Minnesota Twins Vikings | eBay

Last edited by Ghengis; 12-30-2013 at 05:49 AM..

Old 12-31-2013, 08:42 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,561,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
info can be found here on purchasing seats (short window of opportunity exists)....

Albrecht Signs - Home| Signs Twin Cities | Signs Minneapolis

I plan on putting a couple out at the burn pit mounted on a couple of 4 X 4s set into the ground. The flip up feature will be good for keeping snow off them.

$64.28/ea

saw recently that an old seat from the Met Stadium recently sold on eBay for $239 + shpg

Original Refinished Metropolitan Met Stadium Seat Chair Minnesota Twins Vikings | eBay
How will you resist not throwing them into the fire?

Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,315,035 times
Some might think it's bad to have taxpayers fund stadiums for rich owners, and I would agree it's a shame it's done that way.... the owners should have to pay back the tax money from the profits.

However far worse would be losing the vikings and not having an NFL team in MN. Like it or not, having an NFL team puts a city on the map. Plus there's a nice rivalry with the Green Bay packers, a team located in a dinky little city that most people in WI don't even recommend living in, which happens to be the only team in the NFL owned by the people with shareholders. Without the packers Green Bay and Wisconsin would have much less publicity.

Same goes for the Vikings. It's important to me to have these NFL teams geographically distributed rather than having 3 or 4 teams in CA just because CA has the money and population to support them. Frankly it's amazing a city as small as Green Bay could even support an NFL team all these years but it sure has been a blast as a packer fan. Now whether or not certain outcomes are rigged is a more clouded issue I'd rather not get into here... but some of the things I see from time to time make me wonder..

Old 01-04-2014, 04:31 AM

we're moving dirt...

Minnesota Vikings | New Stadium Webcam

Old 01-05-2014, 09:27 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,604,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Some might think it's bad to have taxpayers fund stadiums for rich owners, and I would agree it's a shame it's done that way.... the owners should have to pay back the tax money from the profits.

However far worse would be losing the vikings and not having an NFL team in MN. Like it or not, having an NFL team puts a city on the map. Plus there's a nice rivalry with the Green Bay packers, a team located in a dinky little city that most people in WI don't even recommend living in, which happens to be the only team in the NFL owned by the people with shareholders. Without the packers Green Bay and Wisconsin would have much less publicity.

Same goes for the Vikings. It's important to me to have these NFL teams geographically distributed rather than having 3 or 4 teams in CA just because CA has the money and population to support them. Frankly it's amazing a city as small as Green Bay could even support an NFL team all these years but it sure has been a blast as a packer fan. Now whether or not certain outcomes are rigged is a more clouded issue I'd rather not get into here... but some of the things I see from time to time make me wonder..
I agree on the funding. The owners should pay themselves with the use of private investors.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 PM

the ring beam comes down...

Vikings stadium

Controlled explosions partially demolish Minnesota Vikings stadium - YouTube

Last edited by Ghengis; 02-25-2014 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-26-2014, 11:44 PM

17 posts, read 46,212 times
As a Wisconsinite and a fan of the Packers, I have to say that the design for new Vikings Stadium is very impressive. My family and I are looking forward to the Packers playing the arch rival at the new stadium in 2016.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:03 AM

544 posts, read 611,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan1 View Post
As a Wisconsinite and a fan of the Packers, I have to say that the design for new Vikings Stadium is very impressive. My family and I are looking forward to the Packers playing the arch rival at the new stadium in 2016.
As a human, I've very disgusted at the new stadium. My neighbors and I will look at the new stadium in 2016 and see how much money was stolen from the tax payers of MN, and how that money could of been better used to lower taxes, fight crime, and feed and house the needy.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:06 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,368,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
As a human, I've very disgusted at the new stadium. My neighbors and I will look at the new stadium in 2016 and see how much money was stolen from the tax payers of MN, and how that money could of been better used to lower taxes, fight crime, and feed and house the needy.
Well, like it or not, the tax payers spoke and voted to approve this stadium....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota