Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 03:47 PM

45 posts, read 200,779 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much! BTW, if you were to rank the following, how would you rank them (in terms of midwives/CNM/natural birth/vaginal birth rate etc.)

United, Abbott Northwestern, Fairview and HCMC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagira View Post
We had both our Children at Fairview-Riverside via CNM appointments are thru Fairview Woman's Clinic. Knowledgeable peoples.
You are right--I had a condition coming that that concerned me so I called the nurse at Fairview Woman's Clinic and the nurse was very helpful and informative, and sounded caring.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:15 PM

10 posts, read 49,079 times
Abbott Northwestern is the best on the list and it is adjacent to the Children's if there is a need you would not have to trasport baby to a different children's hospital and waste time, they would just walk over to the Children's.
HCMC is a county hospital and caters a lot to uninsured and poor people and has an excellent reputation.

Good luck.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 AM

Thanks, Irma, for your ranking!

Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 AM

638 posts, read 3,124,074 times
Some "inside" info is that Fairview Women's Clinic has changed drastically in the past 2-3 years;it isn't the same place it was 5 years ago. The BEST place to go for natural birthing and giving birth the way you want to would be HCMC; I think that most CNM's recommend it over any other hospital for natural births.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:40 PM

Thank you, Jen! I have been going there but I think I will consider changing to a different hospital. It helps a lot to know that you recommended HCMC!!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:19 PM

638 posts, read 3,124,074 times
My friend is a CNM and her choice of hospitals in the Twin Cities for having a natural birth as you want is HCMC. As far as some of the other facilities, they are all good also.

One word of advice from myself is that the Fairvew Riverside Women's Clinic is not the same as it was 3-4 years ago; the philosophy, staff, and vision of the clinic has changed drastically in that time.

I can't advise you of specific CNMs myself right now, but I will ask her and PM you what she says.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:26 PM

2 posts, read 6,008 times
Hi,
I had my baby at Regions in May and I absolutely LOVED it. I still get the warm fuzzies when I go by. The staff was awesome and I got treated so well. I'm not sure what happened to the other people who had bad experiences, but I am definitely going back there when we decide to have another baby. Good luck!

Old 02-16-2008, 11:31 AM

424 posts, read 1,817,230 times
Please don't discount HCMC. It is the nices MW unit in MN as far as I am concerned. I had a CNM there and she was awesome. The facilities are like delivering in the Hilton. I loved the whole experience. They also have their own chefs so the food is wonderful. They brought me an actual vegetarian meal after hours. When I delivered at Methodist for my second one (Insurance changes) I got a boxed sandwich

The rooms at FV-riverside are small.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:41 PM

Thank you, Jen! I look forward to hearing about the CNMs your friend recommended

Right now I am still with Fairview--since I had a miscarriage last year and I have some complications right now, they are monitoring my pregnancy closely at this point. But I do consider switching hospital/clinic. Would you mind giving me advice on the proper etiquette of switching (i.e. how to inform the OB?)

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
My friend is a CNM and her choice of hospitals in the Twin Cities for having a natural birth as you want is HCMC. As far as some of the other facilities, they are all good also.

One word of advice from myself is that the Fairvew Riverside Women's Clinic is not the same as it was 3-4 years ago; the philosophy, staff, and vision of the clinic has changed drastically in that time.

I can't advise you of specific CNMs myself right now, but I will ask her and PM you what she says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota