Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 05:11 PM

46 posts, read 60,516 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am hoping to find out more insight into the Atwater, MN. area. Anything that would be helpful in a 2,000 mile move for a possible job opening in the area. I have done the usual research available but would like some local or more intimate points of view. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 11:35 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
The city of Willmar (population slightly under 20,000) is only a 14 mile commute west of Atwater. If I were moving to Atwater, that would be the town to search for jobs first IMO as it is the largest in the immediate region. Atwater has only slightly over 1,000 people, so the occasional job openings in town will be few and far between.

I recommend using the Indeed.com website to check for job openings and also contact job placement agencies in Willmar.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:51 AM

46 posts, read 60,516 times
Thank you for responding chessgeek. I should have worded that better. There is an opening in Atwater that I have applied for. It is of the stable, reasonable compensation variety with a Utility. I did see Willmer on the map and did a cursory City-Data search. It may be the place to start with available housing. One thing for sure is that it is FLAT compared to my area.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:14 AM

145 posts, read 324,604 times
I'm not sure what kind of environment you want or familiar with. There's lakes and water based recreation around, but it's frankly a rather flat and boring area. for any type of real nightlife you'd need to drive into the Twin Cities or St. Cloud.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:10 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,280 times
Atwater. If you like or think you may like small town living then that's the place for you. A Ford garage, a nice convienence store and a bar if I'm not mistaken.

Like most folks that live within 30 miles of Willmar you'll do most of your shopping there. Target, Wally world, Best Buy etc. I live about 25 miles west of Willmar and pass through Atwater regularly on our way to the "cities", ie Minneapolis and St. Paul.

Best of luck to you and the new job.

You can go online to the Willmar newspaper and see a little of the local culture. wctrib.com

Last edited by theedgeoflight; 05-28-2015 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: add a little more info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota