Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 06:39 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
I would NOT pay it if if the dog entered your yard uninvited, maybe the dog sensed trouble and was protecting the home owner.
She's a red heeler. A very protective, smart, loyal breed. We recently moved from the farm to a small acreage near town. She was immediately taught her new territorial limits and was indeed in her "space" when the neighbor dog came.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 09:17 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
I wouldn't pay and I don't think you have to either. It isn't completely analogous, but if the neighbors dog ran into the road and you hit it and cracked a headlight, your neighbor would be on the hook for your car damage and you wouldn't be on the hook for the dog.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:50 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
I think I've re-thought my feelings on this one. I don't have any sympathy for people who let their dogs out without supervision, just open the door and let them out to run freely.

Yeah 1100 buckaroos is more than I had anticipated the dog owner would be asking for. Forget it and forget them. They are 100% at fault and any Judge would find that to be the case.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:00 AM

233 posts, read 417,848 times
Their property (their dog) was trespassing on your property. If anything, I'd sue them if your dog was hurt.

But that leads to the more important question: What's your relationship with these people? If you want to stay friendly with them, pay for the vet bills and maybe put up a fence to keep their dog out. If you don't care about playing nice (which I wouldn't), they're on their own.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:49 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminthian View Post
Their property (their dog) was trespassing on your property. If anything, I'd sue them if your dog was hurt.

But that leads to the more important question: What's your relationship with these people? If you want to stay friendly with them, pay for the vet bills and maybe put up a fence to keep their dog out. If you don't care about playing nice (which I wouldn't), they're on their own.

Would prefer to be friends with everyone but at the end of the day they don't put their feet under my table.....Evidently they haven't learned any lessons one of their purse dogs was running down the street yesterday....Good thing I had mine tied up! It would have been curtains this time around....

Old 10-20-2015, 07:58 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
I imagine by "purse dog" it's a tiny dog. If so your dog might have not really attacked, just did what dogs do, let's the other dog know it isn't welcome running on to its territory. We had that happen. We did pay, felt really bad. But if the dog had attacked, that tiny dog would have been dead.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:20 PM

46 posts, read 157,657 times
I have a Lab and 2 small dogs. Is there a limit on dogs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota