Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 AM

2,507 posts, read 8,563,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Interesting observation and not accurate at all. There is a very low population of Hispanic people in SW MN having lived there for many years. Willmar has a slightly higher population but not any more so then you see in the suburban area of the twin cities and MUCH less then you see in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Not numerically, but Willmar's population is more than 15% Hispanic. There are more raw numbers of Hispanics in the Cities, but the proportions are not there. Even the city proper of Mpls. isn't more than 10% Hispanic.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:01 AM

2,507 posts, read 8,563,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongopercylou View Post
You know, while we're at it, I think the real help we can all offer the OP is where can this person live where they won't need to take advantage of all the things illegal aliens help provide for us birth-right Americans. For example, where would be a good place for this person to live where they won't need to buy produce, use clean bathrooms, dine on clean dishes at restaurants, have home repair needs and so on?

Let's face it, as a TRUE American, while none of "us" want to do these jobs, I think it's time we really start to kick in and work those minimum wage jobs. I mean, someone's got to do it right?
It isn't my place to judge. If somebody asks me a question I feel obliged to answer it to the fullest of my abilities and without passing opinion. No matter how I disagree with the orig. poster, it is his right (and will) to live in a place that doesn't have alot of Hispanics, Blacks, Whites or Smurfs.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:09 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
I don't think anybody on this board has enough knowledge to be able to give accurate information on the legality/immigration status breakdown of Minnesota's Hispanic population or any other group of people. I've met many 1st generation immigrants in the Twin Cities in the last 6 months, some are here legally, some not. From what I've seen it's circumstancial more than anything else, it is absolutely not something I think a person should be judged on.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:19 AM

5 posts, read 10,534 times
Thumbs up Illegals in our states

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotawho View Post
hello,

minnesota looks appealing as a place to move to in so many ways.

But i'm wondering, just what is the situation in minnesota regarding illegal aliens? Where is it the worst? How is it in the twin-cities?

Where are the most liberal places in minnesota?
Where are the most conservative places?

I have a problem with people being here in our country illegally.
What places should i stay away from, and not move to?

Thank you all.
want to get away from illegals ?? Try az,co,ark,oklahoma, these states have passed laws banning illegals from working here ,renting homes etc they are being deported in masses and most are self deporting back to mexico cause they can't work here as of 2008 jan tillthis date over a million illegals have fled back to mexico.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 AM

5 posts, read 10,534 times
Cool Your right..the stats we do get are not even correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by slig View Post
i don't think anybody on this board has enough knowledge to be able to give accurate information on the legality/immigration status breakdown of minnesota's hispanic population or any other group of people. I've met many 1st generation immigrants in the twin cities in the last 6 months, some are here legally, some not. From what i've seen it's circumstancial more than anything else, it is absolutely not something i think a person should be judged on.
the government tells us we have about 12 mil illegals when in fact that quote was also given that same quote back in the early 90's so in fact we know for a fact the we have well over 30 million illegals here now..but thanks to four states laws that have been passed some are leaving on their own and that shows if we take away thejobs they will leave,then all we have to do is take the drug dealers out.as long as the economy slows down more and more americans are seeing illegals on the jobs that should be available to them but are not...so time to battle and turn them in is now also elect gov. Officials that keep their word on cleaning them out.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:41 AM

57 posts, read 224,110 times
whoever said that southwest minnesota dosent have a higher percentage is dumb look at the towns idk if u ppl have been to these towns lately willmar has more than 15% hispanic so dose Montevideo Worthington Marshall and there is other towns wit not that high of a percentage but still have a decent size hispanic population

Old 08-01-2008, 11:45 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzOutlawz View Post
the government tells us we have about 12 mil illegals when in fact that quote was also given that same quote back in the early 90's so in fact we know for a fact the we have well over 30 million illegals here now..but thanks to four states laws that have been passed some are leaving on their own and that shows if we take away thejobs they will leave,then all we have to do is take the drug dealers out.as long as the economy slows down more and more americans are seeing illegals on the jobs that should be available to them but are not...so time to battle and turn them in is now also elect gov. Officials that keep their word on cleaning them out.
Alright pal, the next time I go to a Chipotle in Arizona I expect to see 10 white guys preparing my burrito.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:51 AM

501 posts, read 1,946,159 times
I don't understand...how does anyone know WHO is illegal or legal here? Does it come up in conversation? ("How about this humidity...are you here legally?") Sounds like a lot of this is simple discrimination more than it is an immigration issue.

Someone please enlighten me.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM

57 posts, read 224,110 times
alot of legal pay cash not checks for things even for large amounts but yet alot ppl pay cash so u dont no really

Old 08-01-2008, 02:25 PM

1,936 posts, read 5,833,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongopercylou View Post
You know, while we're at it, I think the real help we can all offer the OP is where can this person live where they won't need to take advantage of all the things illegal aliens help provide for us birth-right Americans. For example, where would be a good place for this person to live where they won't need to buy produce, use clean bathrooms, dine on clean dishes at restaurants, have home repair needs and so on?

Let's face it, as a TRUE American, while none of "us" want to do these jobs, I think it's time we really start to kick in and work those minimum wage jobs. I mean, someone's got to do it right?
LOL!! Great post -

To the OP and his friends....technically, if you look at the sheer disregard for international law and various treaties that initiated European settlement in America, the huge influx of europeans that followed, and all of America's illegal (under intl standards) manifest destiny/ westward expansion across the country...then if you take into consideration that Latinos/ Chicanos generally have indigenous North American ethnic heritage - whose really more ILLEGAL here?

And others are right - many, many Mexican/ Latino persons are legal permanent residents in the US. I despise the term 'illegal alien' - I think it mainly exists to promote hate and fear; "Undocumented immigrant" is much more suitable to my tastes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota