Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2006, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,831 times

Advertisements

I need a little help...I want to move to Fergus Falls i would like to know what the apartments, jobs, churches etc. are like there...or if any one needs roommate in exchange for housekeeping...i have also done nursing...if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated...email me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Thank You!!!
Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2006, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 14,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokkin_woman
I need a little help...I want to move to Fergus Falls i would like to know what the apartments, jobs, churches etc. are like there...or if any one needs roommate in exchange for housekeeping...i have also done nursing...if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated...email me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Thank You!!!
Sue
Hi there,
I live in the northeastern suburbs of Minnepolis, and although I have not been to Fergus Falls, I was prompted by your question to take a peek at the community myself. It is further away from the Twin Cities than I thought but I found this quote off a website and thought it sounded friendly enough.

"The people who live and work here are proud of our community ..We think you'll find that the friendly nature of our citizens - together with tremendous community assets - will leave you with a fabulous experience. Fergus Falls is located only 2½ hours northwest of Minneapolis-Saint Paul, and an hour southeast of Fargo Moorhead. We're right off I-94 with five exits into our thriving community.

Fergus Falls has wonderful museums, historic buildings, a performing arts center that brings a wide range of programs, shopping - from national chain stores to boutiques and antiques, a nature learning center, world-class horse arena and fabulous biking/walking/snowmobiling trails. Our location as an anchor to the Pine to Prairie Birding Trail and Otter Trail Scenic Byway have people flocking to see what the buzz is about. Don't forget about our lakes. Over 1,000 lakes in the area call people to fish, boat, ski and relax."

Try the website:
http://www.fergusfalls.com/chamber.asp (broken link)

I wish you good luck!
Dicentra :-)

Old 05-03-2006, 12:37 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,263,704 times
My wife and I just got back from a whirlwind tour of Minnesota, and we fell in love with Fergus Falls. It's a great little town in the middle of the lakes country.

The nearest major city is probably Fargo, ND, which is about an hour away.

Real estate prices? That's all relative, isn't it? It's certainly cheaper than where I live now (the Seattle area). My suggestion: Check realtor.com. It'll give you a good general idea of the place. If you're serious, I suggest getting in touch with a local realtor. They'll be a big help in finding a home to buy or rent. There were apartments in the area, but not very many.

The public schools seem very nice. We talked with the counselor at the local middle school, and he was very nice and helpful. There is also a local parochial school that goes through 6th grade.

As for job opportunities, I don't know of many. My best suggestion would be to check out mnworks.org.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:27 AM

4 posts, read 11,697 times
You are either already there, or decided not to go, probably, but as a former resident of Fergus Falls, I would have to say it was one of my favorite places to live. Lakes within minutes, even one in downtown. Great walking trails, decent shopping, not far from a bigger city, and only a couple of hours from the Twin Cities. You aren't in the middle of everything, but you can get there easy enough. The people are friendly, apartments and houses are reasonable, and some great options for entertainment of many types. www.fergusfalls.com //www.city-data.com/city/Fergus...Minnesota.html

Hillcrest Lutheran Academy
610 Hillcrest Drive
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Phone: 218-739-3371
GET MORE INFO

(one of the top private schools anywhere)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota