Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:54 AM

65 posts, read 133,502 times

Advertisements

Because so many of the users on these fora are what I would characterize as 'left/liberal of Mao,' I find what they DO say about how 'wonderful' diversity is (not!) and how 'trendy/chic/tolerant' etc. everything is, to be a fair barometer of what the REAL world is NOT, in places like Mpls/MN. We've had it with Hennepin County, and are moving out, PRECISELY because of the 'lockstep' mindset, even within the RC churches - I mean, 'social justice' in a Catholic church? Why not be UCC, and get over it already? So, we're looking rural, and looking south, and that's why we're looking at Northfield.

Anyway, having noted that N'field was Democrat in 2004, and most likely was Dem in 2008 (I mean, when your party offers you a 'Messiah', even a false one, how can you refuse, right? LOL) but that also is probably because of all the 'young skulls full of mush' at the two liberal campuses in town. But what are the 'grown-ups' and the school districts like there? Is it as christophobic an area as the PS in the Twin Cities? This conservative cleric would like to know....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 07:06 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr. John View Post
Because so many of the users on these fora are what I would characterize as 'left/liberal of Mao,' I find what they DO say about how 'wonderful' diversity is (not!) and how 'trendy/chic/tolerant' etc. everything is, to be a fair barometer of what the REAL world is NOT, in places like Mpls/MN. We've had it with Hennepin County, and are moving out, PRECISELY because of the 'lockstep' mindset, even within the RC churches - I mean, 'social justice' in a Catholic church? Why not be UCC, and get over it already? So, we're looking rural, and looking south, and that's why we're looking at Northfield.

Anyway, having noted that N'field was Democrat in 2004, and most likely was Dem in 2008 (I mean, when your party offers you a 'Messiah', even a false one, how can you refuse, right? LOL) but that also is probably because of all the 'young skulls full of mush' at the two liberal campuses in town. But what are the 'grown-ups' and the school districts like there? Is it as christophobic an area as the PS in the Twin Cities? This conservative cleric would like to know....
"left of Mao"?

"messiah"?

"Christophobic"?

You don't want to know anything - you just want to trimphantly knock down your silly straw man.

Oh, wait, I mean - YES, NORTHFIELD IS ALL THOSE THINGS AND WORSE! WAY, WAY LEFT OF MAO! HE WAS A FLAMING REACTIONARY COMPARED TO NORTHFIELD!

SO PLEASE DO NOT MOVE HERE.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 AM

Thumbs down Bigotry masquerading as tolerance

Voyageur, first off, I am probably older than you. Secondly, I have a doctorate and speak three foreign languages. Thirdly, I have every right to call it as I see it, just as the other posters do. Fourthly, I am a priest... Or did you not notice this? I mention all this, to offset your prejudicial aspersions to my person, which will come quite soon in reply to this post, (as liberals usually can't stand being called the poseurs they really are) I am sure.

That I may offend your narrow sensibilities, doesn't frankly bother me in the least. A lot of self-righteous liberals post- Obama, NEED their balloons pricked, IMHO. Why I prefaced my statement, was that I merely stated what I hoped would be a comment on MY POV, and that, knowing that others HAVE different points of view, my being 'up front', I felt, would ENCOURAGE dialogue on the subjects I mentioned.

That you want me to 'stay away' is PRECISELY the verification for my above comments. Do you not realize that you are as narrow-minded as the people you hate? Not all Minnesotans are Democrats, Obamaniacs, or revere HHH. That's the beauty of a republican form of government. The First Amendment entitles us to differ. But in a mob democracy, where erudite individuals pose a threat to ideological conformity, such sentiments are 'dangerous,' as you clearly note. Why do you prefer a lockstep mentality? I mentioned that right away, to AVOID the shrill banter of those who hate ideological opponents. I don't hate anyone, as long as they don't hate Christ. But your reply is ad hominem... For that is what your first-off comment on my observations of the area clearly indicate.

I would hope that we could talk about the REAL ISSUES: Like schools, taxes, and whether or not there is ROOM for disagreement in this area, on whether or not my tax dollars are supporting falsehoods about immoral individuals, [MLK] and communists [Rosa Parks] in public school textbooks. You clearly don't want anyone other than your mindset here. How open-minded is that? If I were (say) a 'person of color,' and had asked 'How are people like me treated here?' do you realize your attitude would be considered the vilest form 'racism'? Well, prejudice is a two way street. There is no neutrality, contrary to egalitarian dogma.

What I want for MY family most likely is not what you want for your little fiefdom. But I have a right to ask the questions..... which is what I merely did. And then, I get attacked. Clearly, this board IS dominated by those whose sentiments are in line with platforms of the Comintern... that is, if you would bother to read your history, as I have read mine.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:18 AM

865 posts, read 2,502,155 times
Quote:
Voyageur, first off, I am probably older than you. Secondly, I have a doctorate and speak three foreign languages. Thirdly, I have every right to call it as I see it, just as the other posters do. Fourthly, I am a priest... Or did you not notice this? I mention all this, to offset your prejudicial aspersions to my person, which will come quite soon in reply to this post, (as liberals usually can't stand being called the poseurs they really are) I am sure.

That I may offend your narrow sensibilities, doesn't frankly bother me in the least. A lot of self-righteous liberals post- Obama, NEED their balloons pricked, IMHO. Why I prefaced my statement, was that I merely stated what I hoped would be a comment on MY POV, and that, knowing that others HAVE different points of view, my being 'up front', I felt, would ENCOURAGE dialogue on the subjects I mentioned.

That you want me to 'stay away' is PRECISELY the verification for my above comments. Do you not realize that you are as narrow-minded as the people you hate? Not all Minnesotans are Democrats, Obamaniacs, or revere HHH. That's the beauty of a republican form of government. The First Amendment entitles us to differ. But in a mob democracy, where erudite individuals pose a threat to ideological conformity, such sentiments are 'dangerous,' as you clearly note. Why do you prefer a lockstep mentality? I mentioned that right away, to AVOID the shrill banter of those who hate ideological opponents. I don't hate anyone, as long as they don't hate Christ. But your reply is ad hominem... For that is what your first-off comment on my observations of the area clearly indicate.

I would hope that we could talk about the REAL ISSUES: Like schools, taxes, and whether or not there is ROOM for disagreement in this area, on whether or not my tax dollars are supporting falsehoods about immoral individuals, [MLK] and communists [Rosa Parks] in public school textbooks. You clearly don't want anyone other than your mindset here. How open-minded is that? If I were (say) a 'person of color,' and had asked 'How are people like me treated here?' do you realize your attitude would be considered the vilest form 'racism'? Well, prejudice is a two way street. There is no neutrality, contrary to egalitarian dogma.

What I want for MY family most likely is not what you want for your little fiefdom. But I have a right to ask the questions..... which is what I merely did. And then, I get attacked. Clearly, this board IS dominated by those whose sentiments are in line with platforms of the Comintern... that is, if you would bother to read your history, as I have read mine.
Reread your original post, Fr. John. You did not merely ask a question and then get attacked. You framed your question in a communication that showed as much intolerance as the response you got back! As a Catholic, I for one would have real problems with you as my priest if this is the way you choose to interact with your flock.

By the by, what does having a doctorate and speaking three foreign languages have to do with any of this?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:31 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,918 times
Quote:
Voyageur, first off, I am probably older than you. Secondly, I have a doctorate and speak three foreign languages.
If you try real hard, I'll bet you can get even more smugly arrogant!

Quote:
Thirdly, I have every right to call it as I see it, just as the other posters do.
Another strawman - someone doesn't agree with your post and you start bleating as if your civil rights are being challenged. My, my, someone can sure dish it out but gets all upset when challenged.

Quote:
Fourthly, I am a priest... Or did you not notice this?
I noticed your handle. I'm hard pressed to care less what you do or what you call yourself.

You certainly are offended when posters fail to acknowledge your self-perceived supreme magnificence!

Quote:
I mention all this, to offset your prejudicial aspersions to my person, which will come quite soon in reply to this post, (as liberals usually can't stand being called the poseurs they really are) I am sure.
No prejudice - I merely responded to your nonsensical rantings.

Quote:
That I may offend your narrow sensibilities, doesn't frankly bother me in the least.
Actually, my commentary seems to upset you greatly.

Quote:
A lot of self-righteous liberals post- Obama, NEED their balloons pricked, IMHO.
They always go back to Obama. I'm surprised you haven't managed to work Bill Clinton into the conversation yet! Talk about political obsession. You can't even discuss a small town in southern Minnesota without your spittle flying about our President!

Quote:
Why I prefaced my statement, was that I merely stated what I hoped would be a comment on MY POV, and that, knowing that others HAVE different points of view, my being 'up front', I felt, would ENCOURAGE dialogue on the subjects I mentioned.
I did comment on your point of view - I commented on the stupidity of your "left of Mao" nonsense. You sound about as lucid as liberals raving about what some of them call the "fascist" Bush administration. Which is to say, not at all. I doubt you understand the irony of that, either.

Quote:
That you want me to 'stay away' is PRECISELY the verification for my above comments. Do you not realize that you are as narrow-minded as the people you hate? Not all Minnesotans are Democrats, Obamaniacs, or revere HHH. That's the beauty of a republican form of government. The First Amendment entitles us to differ.
You still can't differentiate between having someone disagree with you and a violation of your civil rights, I see. This makes your pontificating on the Bill of Rights all the more entertaining!

By the way, Northfield is rather diverse as well, though you seem have have made up your mind that it is not. Read the letters to the editor - you'll find plenty to like there, I surmise. Plenty not to like, as well. It seems you would do well to heed your claims that places are not monolithic. Sadly (but very predictably) you failed to do so in your first post.

You're great at preaching but it seems you don't care to follow what you prescribe. Which puts you in the clergy mainstream, of course.

Quote:
But in a mob democracy, where erudite individuals pose a threat to ideological conformity, such sentiments are 'dangerous,' as you clearly note. Why do you prefer a lockstep mentality? I mentioned that right away, to AVOID the shrill banter of those who hate ideological opponents. I don't hate anyone, as long as they don't hate Christ. But your reply is ad hominem... For that is what your first-off comment on my observations of the area clearly indicate.
You made no observations. You only stated false things. You sound like a troll, but then many foolish people do so, only incidentally, because their warped views happen to coincide with the rantings of trolls.

Quote:
You hope no such thing. If you hoped that you wouldn't have started with your petulant sniveling about messiahs and whatnot.

Quote:
More bleating about "rights". Funny how you think disagreement with you is an attempted violation of your free speech, but when you disagree with anyone else it isn't an attempted violation by you of their free speech. Suchnarcissicm!

Calm down, calm down. And get a grip. And I'd suggest you lose the "Cominterm" talk - it makes you look like an ignorant buffoon.

NOTE - that was a suggestion, not a demand. No reason to start raving that I'm oppressing you!

Have a great day!

Old 06-01-2010, 04:49 PM

"without your spittle flying about our President!

He's not MY president, he's not even a native born son. Or didn't you hear Michelle Obama note that fact, months after the liberal news media tried to bury the 'birthers.'? Sorry, he's a sham. and a demonic megalomaniac, and so are you.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Now,what about the N'field schools, taxes, and the stuff I asked about initially, that have yet to be answered, since Trotsky Voyageur here, has been all in a hissy fit over my legitimate beefs about his ideological desire to indoctrinate yet another generation, it would appear?

Old 06-01-2010, 07:43 PM

"I think you need to look further south. Places like Arkansas, Tennessee, and Oklahoma seem right up your alley."

Flying writer, I am a native born Minnesotan. Rather, I think you need to move to New York, San Francisco, or someplaces up your.... alley.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 PM

"And I'd suggest you lose the "Cominterm" talk - it makes you look like an ignorant buffoon."

Why is being knowledgeable about the ideology that killed over 100 million people, being like an ignorant buffoon? And is it fair, correct, or TRUTHFUL to gloss over that, in favor of harping on a war that is already fifty years won and over with, when the Marxist ideology is alive and well to this day, even in Washington, DC? Or have you not heard of Alinsky?

I want to know about the schools in N'field, not about your personal affiliation with such demagoguery.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:48 PM

For, you see, I hold to the theological, racial, and cultural norms that founded this country, and were given authorization by over 150 years of American history.

Yours were bred in Germany, by men like Marx, Engels, and Trotsky. For clearly, such ideology did not even EXIST prior to 1920 in MN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota