Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 7,236 times

Advertisements

To go shopping you have to leave the state. There is no place to buy anything that i would bear to have people see me in. I even went to the mall to just buy abcrombie; Which they dont even have! The nearest place to buy gucci will be in atlanta, ga which i only visit once a year. I can see why adults might like the state. As for a 21 year old (who does not hunt or partake in other barbaric redneck activities) This state has to be one of the worst states i lived in. The gambling is also bad; i guess its fine for the lower class people. I mean its nothing like Las vegas or even CA.

P.S have lived in 6 states only in the south; yet this is the first one that i felt im in a 3rd world country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 09:05 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,802,649 times
What a terrible post! Reeks of snobbery and hatefulness.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:21 AM

106 posts, read 381,945 times
well then leave and stop bitching on CD about it?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:29 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,659,404 times
Hey, at least Mississippi is nice and warm this time of year and not blasted by arctic cold and blowing snow all winter like where I am. I would love to check out Miss. It would be a nice break from the relentless snow storms and ice here! I think the nice weather (yes, I realize it can get hot and humid in the summer) and rural atmosphere just add to its charm. You don't see much of it anymore in the US of A.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:29 AM

85 posts, read 238,074 times
It is a very strong post. Not sure its snobbery or anything like that. It may be the person was never around people like that. He s feeling stuck. I dont know. Dont think I would want to be their. Being 21 and stuck in an area like is bad. Go to Wash DC. You will find everything and anything. You will be satisfied.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:39 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,802,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy M View Post
It is a very strong post. Not sure its snobbery or anything like that. It may be the person was never around people like that. He s feeling stuck. I dont know. Dont think I would want to be their. Being 21 and stuck in an area like is bad. Go to Wash DC. You will find everything and anything. You will be satisfied.
I think you're being too polite.

A snob is someone "who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect". Our dear Lowky said:

"There is no place to buy anything that i would bear to have people see me in."
"The nearest place to buy gucci will be in atlanta, ga"
"As for a 21 year old (who does not hunt or partake in other barbaric redneck activities) This state has to be one of the worst states i lived in."
"i guess its fine for the lower class people."

Like I said in my initial post, it reeks. It's difficult to take the OP seriously. His/Her big complaints are shopping and gambling. Seriously? It's just a terrible post.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:44 AM

85 posts, read 238,074 times
Youre correct. It is a bad post. Maybe I was just trying to see another side to him. I dont know. I ll stay out of it.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:30 PM

190 posts, read 692,453 times
[quote=Lowky;16854865]
Quote:
To go shopping you have to leave the state. There is no place to buy anything that i would bear to have people see me in. I even went to the mall to just buy abcrombie; Which they dont even have! The nearest place to buy gucci will be in atlanta, ga which i only visit once a year.
Try shopping online. You won't have to pay sales tax, so maybe you can apply the savings to an extra t-shirt with a nice little logo. Since you are a 21 year old worldy (or at least southernly) individual, I assume you know how to use the internet.

Quote:
The gambling is also bad; i guess its fine for the lower class people. I mean its nothing like Las vegas or even CA.
Yeah, I've heard in Vegas they shoot craps with 24K gold dice and stuff. Since it stinks so bad here, maybe you could take some of your gambling money and apply it to a couple of extra trips to Atlanta to buy some more gucci gear.

Quote:
P.S have lived in 6 states only in the south; yet this is the first one that i felt im in a 3rd world country.
Sounds like it will be great for us when you've moved on to your 7th.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:38 PM

300 posts, read 1,014,774 times
What a snob.

No offence, but u aint that intelligent arent u ?

what were u thinkin moving to MISSISSIPPI?
It aint like u didnt know it was "redneck" as u call it.
it aint like u didnt know people hunt in ms.

For a snobby fellow like you i would suggest just stay out of the south entirely and go to NYC or smth.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:54 PM

190 posts, read 692,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishAmerican View Post
What a snob.

No offence, but u aint that intelligent arent u ?

what were u thinkin moving to MISSISSIPPI?
It aint like u didnt know it was "redneck" as u call it.
it aint like u didnt know people hunt in ms.

For a snobby fellow like you i would suggest just stay out of the south entirely and go to NYC or smth.

Sounds like this winner is probably still following momma and daddy around, even though he is a 21 year old "non-adult", so it probably wasn't his choice to move here. Hate to tell the guy, but being 21, he is an adult and is free to make his own way in life and choose where he lives at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi