Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,582,425 times

Advertisements

You do know also that there are drug task forces all over this nation, and it is common for them to sit and watch traffic for suspicious vehicles. It's not just Mississippi, as a matter of fact it's way worse in many places. Travel I-40 East leaving Memphis and tell me how many black SUV's and/or police cars you see many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 10:25 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,239,323 times
See the thread here: //www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...orfeiture.html

Mississippi is ranked as a "D+" in the second post (from 2011), which is slightly better than the lowest rank of "D". But there are LOTS of Ds.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:34 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Me thinks someone has issues. They won't stop you because of just your plate. You must have been speeding or some other infraction.
Yes they will. If you read the articles I posted before it clearly states they look for license plate infractions as that sometimes leads to finding people with warrants, carrying drugs, and so on. They use it as a tool to stop people. It does happen.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Yes they will. If you read the articles I posted before it clearly states they look for license plate infractions as that sometimes leads to finding people with warrants, carrying drugs, and so on. They use it as a tool to stop people. It does happen.
Umm Different states have different laws on plates. [ 1 plate, 2 plate, where stickers go, or not] One state cannot LEGALLY stop you due to that [unless it's your home state]. THAT I learned thru the years working with many Police Depts. They HAVE to stop you for an infraction first [speeding, unsafe lane change, etc]

Old 12-22-2012, 04:27 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Very interesting thread!
Never realized the drug running issues in MS.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:55 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,582,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Very interesting thread!
Never realized the drug running issues in MS.
Interstate 55 runs from New Orleans metro to Chicago and is a route for drugs, and especially illegal guns into Chicago. These guns go into the hands of criminals and gangs.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 AM

53 posts, read 121,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
You do know also that there are drug task forces all over this nation, and it is common for them to sit and watch traffic for suspicious vehicles. It's not just Mississippi, as a matter of fact it's way worse in many places. Travel I-40 East leaving Memphis and tell me how many black SUV's and/or police cars you see many times.
Yes, I-40 and other West TN interstates are West Tennessee Drug Task Force which are black SUV's, white SUV's, dark blue SUV's and Chargers. However, some of the black SUV's are the Cobra's(Memphis Tactical Unit). I was West Tennessee Drug Task Force, I looked for suspicious vechiles, suspicious behavior while driving and speeding which I usually let people do 15 over, I did pull people over sometimes for doing 15 over but usually let them go after I talked to them and ran their information. I never even bothered pulling out if someone was doing 10 over unless if you were swerving. I'm no longer West Tennessee and now working for the FBI Narcotics Division in Washington, DC.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:37 AM

24 posts, read 45,208 times
They are profiling LOL

Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Mississipi and Texas have border issues?
Sure, you didn't hear that Baton Rouge allowed north Louisiana to secede and join Mississippi? Or is it Texas that N. La joined (probably the latter, as that would give TX direct access to the Mississippi River - water problems out here, you know).

Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 AM

159 posts, read 263,537 times
Alot of drug busts come from drug runners with Texas plates, sorry its the truth. dont break traffic laws if you have out of state plates no matter what other state you might be in, common sense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi