Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:22 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
me neither, are you talking about black or white KKK?

?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:26 AM

276 posts, read 1,142,498 times
Yea I'm lost on that one too lol

Old 03-06-2009, 07:56 PM

295 posts, read 320,548 times
Default Black kkk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
me neither, are you talking about black or white KKK?
ANSWER: NATION OF ISLAM
LEADER: LOUIS FARAKHAN
NOT BLACK KKK BUT SIMILAR TO WHITE KKK

Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,646,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
ANSWER: NATION OF ISLAM
LEADER: LOUIS FARAKHAN
NOT BLACK KKK BUT SIMILAR TO WHITE KKK
Now that's a stretch. What are the similarities?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:18 PM

5 posts, read 14,053 times
You are watching way too much old television. Mississippi is probably more advanced racially than you can imagine - we learned it the hard way. There are crazy people all over the world. KKK - I have lived here all of my life (62 years) and do not know of one single person who was ever KKK, so that is probably a pretty good indication of how prevalent it is. Get over it.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:28 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniefc View Post
You are watching way too much old television. Mississippi is probably more advanced racially than you can imagine - we learned it the hard way. There are crazy people all over the world. KKK - I have lived here all of my life (62 years) and do not know of one single person who was ever KKK, so that is probably a pretty good indication of how prevalent it is. Get over it.
You don't know anyone who is in the klan? Maybe that is because the klan is going underground. I have watched documentaries about the KKK. Some people won't tell you they're in the KKK.As vilified as the KKK is, some people will still be members. They just won't tell you. I sound cynical, but time and experience has made me cynical. Sure, you have your openly bigoted people out there. With that said, you have some more closet-bigoted people. Perhaps you don't know anyone in the KKK. I'll at least say that the average person on the street isn't a KKK member. There are only about 5,000-8,000 members of the KKK. With that said, most of the members are in the South.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:04 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,295 times
Proof? What evidence do you haver "most members are in the south?" Wisconsin and Michigan are home to some of the most hate filled separatist groups known - Tim McVeigh came from Michigan. I left friends behind up there 25 years ago and gave up even trying to keep in touch after just a few years, so many of them had become so full of hate and spewed way too much venom. My grandkids are still up there and my greatest wish is they all get the heck out before they've grown up so jaded.

As for tv.. sounds like you're watching too much hitlerTV... um, I mean "History Channel." Discovery and History channel used to be something, now they lead the pack on crackpot conspiracy reporting.

Why is everyone so worried about the KKK anyway? Haven't you heard of the Mighty Aryan Brotherhood? Coming soon to a cable channel near you...

PS: Obama is a secret Muslim!

Old 03-06-2009, 10:21 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
Proof? What evidence do you haver "most members are in the south?" Wisconsin and Michigan are home to some of the most hate filled separatist groups known - Tim McVeigh came from Michigan. I left friends behind up there 25 years ago and gave up even trying to keep in touch after just a few years, so many of them had become so full of hate and spewed way too much venom. My grandkids are still up there and my greatest wish is they all get the heck out before they've grown up so jaded.

As for tv.. sounds like you're watching too much hitlerTV... um, I mean "History Channel." Discovery and History channel used to be something, now they lead the pack on crackpot conspiracy reporting.

Why is everyone so worried about the KKK anyway? Haven't you heard of the Mighty Aryan Brotherhood? Coming soon to a cable channel near you...

PS: Obama is a secret Muslim!
I said the KKK, not general hate groups. What proof? Go to the Southern Poverty Law Center website. There is a hate-grop watch. Here is the like:SPLCenter.org: Hate Groups Map I agree that there are many hateful people living in Michigan and Wisconsin. All that considered, There are 9 chapters of the KKK in Mississippi versus three in Michigan. Michigan has 23 hate groups, Mississippi has 22, with that said, Wisconsin has 10 hate groups and 2 of them are the KKK. Here is a link to the KKK chapters:SPLCenter.org: Hate Groups Map

MIchigan isn't the only state to have people like McVeigh. He was open about it and did something horrible.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:11 AM

783 posts, read 2,258,295 times
Again, I don't get it. Why worry about the kkk? There are EIGhTY FOUR known hate groups listed on that very same map in California and 66 in Texas. Those two states alone represent far more organized racial hatred than in pretty much the entire rest of the country. And while this prolly wont sit well with our texan friends on this board, I found the hatred in texas far more pervasive and directed than ANYWHEWRE I have lived. I spent a month in houston and was spat at, run off the road and had ALL my tires slashed one night when I stupidly ventured out to the mall near my house to take in a movie. There the hatred wasnt just directed at mexicans or blacks or jews, it was directed at pretty much anyone from out of state.

What does it matter how many "branches" of organziation there are? Is it better to have just one "branch" of a thousand members rather than ten "branches" of ten nutcases dancing around in sheets?

Old 03-07-2009, 12:28 AM

276 posts, read 1,142,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
What does it matter how many "branches" of organziation there are? Is it better to have just one "branch" of a thousand members rather than ten "branches" of ten nutcases dancing around in sheets?
roflmao!!!!!!!!! But I was thinking the same thing, you don't know how many people are in these "branches"

Why the focus of just the KKK? All the hate groups for the most part do the same things, just the KKK gets more media attention because of the black & white issue of America...I'm black, but I think I'm more nervous about other groups than KKK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi