Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:21 PM

5 posts, read 14,018 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Memphis area in the fall and am looking for an apartment in the Southaven/ Olive Branch area. I will be a grad student at University of Memphis and will occasionally have to go to UTHSC. My fiance and I are getting married in December and he's moving up to Memphis after that. The reason I am looking for a place in Southaven or Olive Branch is that he has to teach in a critical needs school district in MS, so he'll have to commute to somewhere like Senatobia or Byhalia.

Does anyone have any info on the best apartments in north mississippi? I think most of them have similar commute, but I want one where the commute isn't too terrible and hopefully one that has a security gate. (I will be living alone for the first time in the fall and want to feel safe)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 02:08 PM

33 posts, read 136,731 times
My stepson lives in Savannah Creek aparments in Southaven and he likes it there. There are several apartment communities in Southaven near the Church Rd. and I-55 interchange. A lot of the occupants are college students because there is a NWCC campus and Ole Miss-Desoto campus there on Church Rd. Some of the names are Civic Center Apartments and Church Lake Apartments.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:36 PM

We do want to avoid apartment complexes that are all students, because based on my experiences, they tend to be loud and have a lot of problems.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
I lived in Church Lake for almost 2 years after moving here. In that time we had 1 drunk guy knock on the door. The local PD took care of him in less than 10 minutes.

Family lived at the Civic Center apartments for almost a year. Completely uneventful. The local student population is non-traditional. Most are people going back to school to finish a degree or changing careers and needing to further their education. It definitely isn't your typical college crowd.

-Robert

Old 04-24-2009, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the info. Lol I don't have anything against college students, I am still one and will be a grad student in the fall, we just didn't want to be in a loud apartment complex.

Are all the apartments in the Southaven/Olive Branch area pretty much the same or are there ones that are hands above the rest?
We are considering:

Church Lake
Civic Center
Savannah Creek
Oak Hollow
Westridge Townhomes and Duplexes
Vineyard of Olive Branch
and maybe a few more. We heard that a big new apartment complex is being built in Olive Branch so we will look into that too.

Does anyone know about Westridge? I wasn't sure if it was good or not.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:47 AM

Find their locations on Google maps. Make sure you stay away from any apartments on or near highway 51. The reason that I and other family members chose our apartments is they are the farthest away from the state line. Also, the Civic Center apartments has a security gate like you mentioned. It is not completely fenced in but you can't drive into the complex without going through the gates.

I understand about being in college and it was a huge change from undergrad to grad school. You will need your study time.

Have you checked out the Southaven web site and their downloadable magazine? It has a lot of good info for people moving into the area. OB may have one as well.

-Robert

Old 05-11-2009, 01:52 PM

4 posts, read 10,524 times
Default Savannah Creek Apartments

Stay away from Savannah Creek. They look nice, however the staff is very rude, extremely noisy and poor maint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneagle1219 View Post
Thanks for the info. Lol I don't have anything against college students, I am still one and will be a grad student in the fall, we just didn't want to be in a loud apartment complex.

Are all the apartments in the Southaven/Olive Branch area pretty much the same or are there ones that are hands above the rest?
We are considering:

Church Lake
Civic Center
Savannah Creek
Oak Hollow
Westridge Townhomes and Duplexes
Vineyard of Olive Branch
and maybe a few more. We heard that a big new apartment complex is being built in Olive Branch so we will look into that too.

Does anyone know about Westridge? I wasn't sure if it was good or not.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprider View Post
Stay away from Savannah Creek. They look nice, however the staff is very rude, extremely noisy and poor maint.
Thanks jeeprider but all 4 of your postings have the samething. We get it. You didn't have a good experience at Savannah Creek apartments.

-Robert

Old 05-12-2009, 06:57 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Thanks jeeprider but all 4 of your postings have the samething. We get it. You didn't have a good experience at Savannah Creek apartments.

-Robert

How come. I have heard many good things about those apartments and they are big compared to many other apartments. 1200 sqf for a 2 bedroom.
And the rent for a 2 bedroom is still under 800 per month. The kitchens are huge eat in kitchens totally separate from the living are and I like that.

Sometimes I wonder how some people find the management rude while others think the complete opposite.
I

Old 12-10-2009, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,657 times
Are the Oak Ridge apts a good place to live in Southaven Ms off Chesteridge Ave.? I'm moving from Jacksonville, Ar. If possible, would like feed back before the 3rd of January. I'm planing to be moved by then. Thanks and be blessed.

Beauti4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi