Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:03 AM

886 posts, read 2,225,081 times

Advertisements

I think it depends on what you want

KC has a better nightlife scene, quite a few great areas and wide variety of what we offer here. STL has the better touristy stuff though.

If your into art, as others said KC definitely will win, especially nice if you can make it for first fridays. Also great food here, especially BBQ. If you happen to come during one of the festivals going on its a blast.... Frige Festival will be going on this weekend

KC Fringe Festival July 23 - August 1, 2010 (http://www.kcfringe.org/Version2010/index.php - broken link)

But regardless... both are good, I think STL does have more to offer if your looking for the touristy things to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdm_ad View Post
St. Louis and it's not even close.

STL averages 4 million more visitors per year than KC. There is a reason for that, much more to do in STL. Here are the numbers:

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...s-america.html

Here is a good list of things to do in STL:

St. Louis travel guide - Wikitravel
Much of the visitors have to do with the arch... but once you've seen it, its like.. meh... its an arch

Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 AM

It should also be noted, there is enough to do in STL that there is really no reason to divert a day to visiting KC either... you won't run out of things to see there as a tourist.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,596,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
KC has a better nightlife scene, quite a few great areas and wide variety of what we offer here.
To be fair, the nightlife in both cities is comparable. One could have a great time in both areas.

I know several KC transplants, including my girlfriend, and that's the general take. Both fun cities but St. Louis has several more options as far as number of entertainment districts.

Last edited by moorlander; 07-26-2010 at 10:10 AM..

Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
At least in StL, you don't have to deal with Johnson County people all over the place acting like they own the place. .

It's a tie I think. If I have never been to either, I would say StL first, then KC. But they really are pretty close.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:44 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,871,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
I think it depends on what you want

KC has a better nightlife scene, quite a few great areas and wide variety of what we offer here. STL has the better touristy stuff though.
Sorry, it so does NOT have a better nightlife scene. Again, from your posts you have not spent near enough time in STL to know what you are talking about, but what else is new.

I'm not saying KC doesn't have a fun nightlife, I have had many a great weekend visiting, but it is not better.

On any given weekend in STL we decide between (Downtown, Soulard, South Grand, Lafayette Square, Central West End, The Loop, Westport and Midtown)

Last edited by stlcitygirl; 07-26-2010 at 01:15 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 01:35 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,596,929 times
^ Downtown Clayton and Downtown Kirkwood are pretty lively too. Old town St. Chuck is certainly deserving too.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:41 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
^ Downtown Clayton and Downtown Kirkwood are pretty lively too. Old town St. Chuck is certainly deserving too.
At night too? I've been there during the lunch hour several times and it was always very lively. Never been there at night though.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,871,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
I forgot those districts, I have no idea how I forgot Clayton. Clayton definitely has a scene at night. Saint Charles Main Street is full of Lindenwood students. I haven't been out in the downtown Kirkwood area at night, but I have friends that hang out there.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 PM

I've been to STL several times.... disagree if you want... bar/club/dining options I think we have more variety and better quality... and I feel a vibrant downtown goes a long way, statistically ours is growing faster, is much larger, has more to do, and is more dense then STL downtown.... there is always more to do downtown KC then in downtown STL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri