Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:25 AM

54 posts, read 182,398 times

Advertisements

Boy, Does that make me happy I live on acreage outside of the city limits, My whole extended family and I will be firing these boogers off until the wee hours of the morning, Specially if we can find something new.
I am getting really tempted to drive into Arkansas to try to find some descent fireworks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 04:19 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times
Exclamation Wee hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traker1001 View Post
Boy, Does that make me happy I live on acreage outside of the city limits, My whole extended family and I will be firing these boogers off until the wee hours of the morning, Specially if we can find something new.
I am getting really tempted to drive into Arkansas to try to find some descent fireworks.
I gotta tell ya, traker1001, that you still have to keep in mind that if ya go into the wee hours, you're likely to anger the neighbors and it's entirely possible that you may still get a disturbin' the peace visit from your local sheriff. Just FYI, especially since I wouldn't appreciate fireworks going off into the wee hours, especially when we still have to get up early to go to work the next day. Maybe you could do some of them the next night?

It's just a thought! Sorry for gettin' in your business but since you were responding to my email, I wanted to be sure I didn't steer you in the wrong direction.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:50 PM

LOL, Neighbors, Thats a good one! Even If I did disturb the "Neighbors" the cops would have to come a good acre onto our land, By foot mind you, to tell us to stop.

Besides, I don't think the cows have figured out how to use the phone yet...
Attached Thumbnails
Fireworks and SWMO?-land.jpg   Fireworks and SWMO?-cows.jpg  

Old 07-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Exclamation You're seriously out in the country!

Quote:
LOL, Neighbors, Thats a good one! Even If I did disturb the "Neighbors" the cops would have to come a good acre onto our land, By foot mind you, to tell us to stop.

Besides, I don't think the cows have figured out how to use the phone yet...
WOW! You must have A LOT OF LAND! Lucky you! With only 2 1/2 acres (I can't believe I just said that! Hahaha! "ONLY!" ), my neighbors' fireworks, at one point on Saturday night, had me jumping out of my chair! We are in a little valley so that probably made the sound louder but it was pretty late and I'm glad they didn't go into the wee hours with it.

So, as Paul Harvey says, "NOW you know the REST of the story!"

I'm still ruminating on those words you said: "...the cops would have to come a good acre onto our land, By foot mind you, to tell us to stop." JUST HOW DEEP INTO THE WOODS ARE YOU???

Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,727 times
i did not get the parollee joke ............... yes I am dense!

Now I live in Illinois we cant have them but we can go across the river and buy them but if ya get caught bringing them back its big trouble! (SO I have been told my whole entire life)

Old 07-03-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
WOW! You must have A LOT OF LAND! Lucky you! With only 2 1/2 acres (I can't believe I just said that! Hahaha! "ONLY!" ), my neighbors' fireworks, at one point on Saturday night, had me jumping out of my chair! We are in a little valley so that probably made the sound louder but it was pretty late and I'm glad they didn't go into the wee hours with it.

So, as Paul Harvey says, "NOW you know the REST of the story!"

I'm still ruminating on those words you said: "...the cops would have to come a good acre onto our land, By foot mind you, to tell us to stop." JUST HOW DEEP INTO THE WOODS ARE YOU???
Actually only 2 acres of it is ours, The rest is a family member of ours totals 58 acres. Our house is the only peice of all that that has been actually built on though, And the only peice that will be built on within my lifetime.

as far the cops coming out to us, The whole 60 acres is fenced in. and the gate is always locked, And there are only 2 keys to the lock, One is mine and the other in my brother in laws hands. It doesnt really matter though, Like I said the only one we have ever annoyed were the cows.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:30 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
welp...had a great time tonight lightin' off the 'works! I do have to say that next year no wimpy wimpy wimpy fireworks for the jammer clan...we are gonna get some serious stuff. We had way too much fun tonight and I hope everyone else had a fun and safe 4th out there!!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:06 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Smoke is now being reported with only a few miles visibility in the KC metro area by the official weather observation stations after all the public fireworks displays. Also, many people seem to be setting off firecrackers which just create a LOT of smoke. An inversion is setting up which is trapping in a lot of the smoke along with FOG due to the earlier rain today.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Actually only 2 acres of it is ours, The rest is a family member of ours totals 58 acres. Our house is the only peice of all that that has been actually built on though, And the only peice that will be built on within my lifetime.

as far the cops coming out to us, The whole 60 acres is fenced in. and the gate is always locked, And there are only 2 keys to the lock, One is mine and the other in my brother in laws hands. It doesnt really matter though, Like I said the only one we have ever annoyed were the cows.
Sounds absolutely wonderful! Hope you had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
welp...had a great time tonight lightin' off the 'works! I do have to say that next year no wimpy wimpy wimpy fireworks for the jammer clan...we are gonna get some serious stuff. We had way too much fun tonight and I hope everyone else had a fun and safe 4th out there!!
Hooray! Now, you'll have to tell us about your daughter's experience! Maybe she can tell us, instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
Smoke is now being reported with only a few miles visibility in the KC metro area by the official weather observation stations after all the public fireworks displays. Also, many people seem to be setting off firecrackers which just create a LOT of smoke. An inversion is setting up which is trapping in a lot of the smoke along with FOG due to the earlier rain today.
And that's the bad part about fireworks...well, the really bad part is all the injuries and fires...but I'll tell ya...the people here in MO are SERIOUS about their fireworks! That's for sure! They were going off all around us last night! Hope you still had fun!

I took a couple of pictures of our fireworks last night. Well, I took more than a couple...but hardly any of them came out since the camera isn't fast enough. A couple of them still turned out interesting, though, so I thought I'd share them with you all...

I call this one Red Streamers. I magnified and cropped it
after I took it. I find it fascinating to see how the camera
captures the fireworks so much differently than we see them!

I call this one Firework Seagulls?
I have no idea how fireworks work...or for that matter,
how the camera captured this. I only know that it was
fascinating to see what my mind didn't but the camera did.

Anyone else got photos?

Old 07-06-2007, 04:48 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
As a recent parolee from the prison of southern CA life where we haven't been trusted to possess or use ANY type of fireworks for the last 25-30 years, what's the scoop out here? Information on rules, regs and bans or where I can find this info would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting all giddy thinking I might be able to actually allow my 14 y.o. daughter to have a sparkler in her hand for the first time in her life this 4th of July!
In some places in california they have these crappy safe and sane fireworks, No fun at all may as will not buy them, Iam so happy to be out of california and in a place that lets us have fun on the 4th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri