Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:44 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Well thank you for acknowledging the Best Hockey team around. There are some of us that are True Blue Bloods.

Will ignore a post following yours referring to quakers. and
I think we've got someone who starts each day with a bowl of Quacker Instant Oatmeal! hee! hee! hee! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
ahem I know, silly joke.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:58 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Default ducks, geese et all

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
I think we've got someone who starts each day with a bowl of Quacker Instant Oatmeal! hee! hee! hee! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
ahem I know, silly joke.
Okay, so sue me...I misspelled the durn word. Here it be: quack, as in the sound, noise,etc. that DUCKS MAKE.

So, ahem, I will ignore the post following yours referring to quackers.

Now, is that better

Old 08-17-2007, 09:33 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
ahem I know, silly joke.
OK to get back on topic concerning all of the hateful people here in MO .....I know they hate the sight of this!

OK ready folks.......

When I say "Hockey"

you say "Anaheim"

"Hockey"

"Anaheim"

"GO DUCKS!!"

jammer-------------><-------------Blues fans

Old 08-17-2007, 09:56 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Default No No No

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
OK to get back on topic concerning all of the hateful people here in MO .....I know they hate the sight of this!

OK ready folks.......

When I say "Hockey"

you say "Anaheim"

"Hockey"

"Anaheim"

"GO DUCKS!!"

Pleeeeaaassseee, get that outa heres, Fast man. Ohh, I am having nightmares and I'm not even asleep yet. Ugh, yuk,

Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 PM

da jammer, now he be feelin' jest ducky, yeah he is!

Old 08-18-2007, 09:35 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post

OK ready folks.......

When I say "Hockey"

you say "Anaheim"

"Hockey"

"Anaheim"

"GO DUCKS!!"

Uhhh Hey Jammer Buddy,
I see from your little movie thingy you have finally woke up and become a Sharks Fan OK Jammer sing along now... Here we go sharks, here we go.....

Old 08-18-2007, 10:29 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Uhhh Hey Jammer Buddy,
I see from your little movie thingy you have finally woke up and become a Sharks Fan OK Jammer sing along now... Here we go sharks, here we go.....
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jammer_this/smilies/sSig_yeahright.gif (broken link)

let me check out what many consider the world's shortest novel on the shelf....."Stanley Cups Won By The San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues"

nope nuttin here, move along!

Sharks on TV ------><------Sharks fans

well it seems like everybody hates my Ducks 'round here

Old 08-18-2007, 08:16 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Hey Jammer
You should check out the second novel in your series, it's called " NFL teams in Los Angeles"
Seems like you followed your rams from the Golden State to the Great State of Mo.... The Raiders made NFL stand for Not For Long as in Not in LA.....
Peace Brother, Or as that other Famous La Fella said "I love ya MAn"

Old 08-18-2007, 09:53 PM

Well the real test is whether da Jammer is as much of an LA Kings fan as he is a Mighty Ducks fan. Same thing with the Dodgers. If he isn't, then he's gotta be an Orange County fan more than a Los Angeles fan.

Another test: the ANAHEIM Angels (Woohoo! ) or the los angeles angels (Boohoo)? That's like rooting for, well, the St. Louis St. Louisans!

Old 10-10-2007, 06:08 PM

6 posts, read 27,682 times
Can whites truly, objectively, say or judge whether or not their community, hometown, or state is a 'hate' state? I think not.

A lot of people (white) romanticize and trivialize what they see and hear, believing things aren't as worse as some make it out to be.

The experiences between whites and minorities is too different and only whites have the privilege of being the outsider (casual observer) looking in - trying to judge themselves from a position they aren't even (or will ever really be) apart of. A lot of them think that if no one is spray painting the 'N' word on your door or burning a cross in your yard, then there is no problems to speak of or mention. They may not even be aware of the more subvert, insidious, and not-so-subtle ways hatred and intolerance may manifest in some groups or areas.

I am considering an interview for a position in Bonne Terre. If I get the job I may have to move there. I lived in Farmington and Excelsior Springs before and while I wouldn't necissarily classify the residents as 'hateful,' I got the usual racial-isms for anyone that is dark/black and living in an all or predominately white town is use to or expect (followed around the store, stopped by police {while WALKING} probably more than anyone who lived in the town, mistaken for the domestic or occupational 'help' on several occassions, clerks and sales people asking whites first what they wanted even tho I was ahead in line, and once I got screamed at to 'get off someone's lawn' even tho that meant I'd be walking in a busy street). I kept getting stared at by everyone, which I chalked up to curiosity about why there happen to be a 'darkie' among them in this part of the world.

Missouri is racially divided and racially polarized even in the more metropolitan areas of Kansas City and Saint Louis. The areas outside of those are probably even more more so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri