Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Welcome back. We're former out-of-staters who have only been here 18 months and the Ozarks are home. I understand the feeling and will never live anywhere else, regardless of where children and grandchildren reside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 07:12 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabart47 View Post
So glad I found this thread... after being gone for 30 years, I can't wait to move back! I miss four season, I miss old friends and places. I want to see the dogwood bloom in the spring and watch the trees turn ten shades of red in the fall.
The military has sent our family from coast to coast, given us amazing glimpses of different ways of life, cultures, and customs. We retired in San Antonio, thinking we could make if "feel" like home... it didn't work. Missouri is who we are; it's in our blood. My husband, my high school sweetheart, told me I could pick our last spot. Without hesitation I said, "I want to go home". So that's what we are doing... not trying to make Texas home, not trying to move where the kids are, not even moving where the best job offer is. No, we are coming HOME... and I can't wait!
To misquote Tom Wolfe, you can go home again.
So glad you've come back home!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:06 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
As a friendly reminder, and to those with interest to explore what this land has to offer [and of course w/ a bias to the beauty of the natural side... ]:
Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Snapshot of Road Conditions
MDC |
VisitMO.com > Home = A Taste of Missouri (http://news.visitmo.com/MediaTour/Detail/A-Taste-of-Missouri - broken link)
Rural Missouri Magazine - Devoted to the Rural Way of Life
Missouri Ozarks Travel Guide, Missouri Ozarks Vacations Guide, Ozark Mountains Getaways to the Outdoor Recreation Capital of MO!
St. Louis, MO: Official Travel Information
Kansas City : VisitKC.com™ Official Travel Source
Missouri Association of Fairs & Festivals
Springfield, Missouri - Official Visitor Information (http://www.springfieldmo.org/web/ - broken link)

,,,and so on... including the wonderful peoples of this state.

These are just a few of the wonders that make Missouri such a great state. Not perfect,,, but she's home, and she's beautiful.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 PM

9 posts, read 23,936 times
i live in southern missouri.......what i love about southern missouri is that we have a big culture. rodeo, summer carnivals, black history, and its just fun!

Old 03-03-2011, 01:57 PM

27 posts, read 67,308 times
I love the people and the climate in north central Missouri. And I love the wildlife (untimely road-crossing deer slightly less so however). But most of all I love our church family which we moved from out-of-state to join.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:57 AM

105 posts, read 478,014 times
I love Missouri and I am proud to be from the Show Me State! Being from small town of Kennett with population under 11,000 in the Bootheel, I enjoyed my charming small town with friendly people and wonderful churches. I'm currently living in Cape Girardeau which feels like a big city to me. Missouri continues to amaze me especially when I travel throughout the state. I will be sad to leave Missouri for Twin Cities in Minnesota this summer but Missouri will always be in my heart.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:33 AM

98 posts, read 120,437 times
Love all the things listed here...yes, Missouri is wonderful, and why I keep coming back here.
The people here are wonderful, helpful, kind, well-mannered (for the most part) always willing to lend a helping hand, and work harder than any people I've ever met. I also love the old roads and vintage highways, especially 61/67 going south. I love the lakes, too and the area near Montauk State Park.
Missouri is a special place on earth.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 PM

31 posts, read 64,549 times
I wonder if a guy can move back to Missouri after being away forty-five years. Most of that forty-five years has been in sunny San Diego. I am now alone having lost my wife to cancer in early February.
I think Southern Missouri just might get my mind back on life again.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:27 PM

98 posts, read 120,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayheat1 View Post
I wonder if a guy can move back to Missouri after being away forty-five years. Most of that forty-five years has been in sunny San Diego. I am now alone having lost my wife to cancer in early February.
I bet this is the place for you, especially down south.
I'm sorry to hear about your wife.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:58 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayheat1 View Post

My deepest condolences on your loss, Rayheat. Though I lost my mother to cancer when she was 49, I can't begin to know the pain of losing your life partner.

Why not spend an extended holiday in the area you're considering? See if you can get a foothold again, start some friendships, adjust to the weather, etc. Wishing you all the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri