Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:09 AM

59 posts, read 152,411 times

Advertisements

We are just south of LAKE OF THE OZARKS and the market seems to be real slow now? We have 140 acres 15 miles south of the lake and we priced it right but its not the price thats stops the lookers? its a crazy time..Have you had activity on your listing in missouri? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 09:26 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Do you have this property listed with a Realtor or are yu attempting to sell it yourself? Have you had the property appraised recently? What type of market is being targeted?

The 'market' in most of Missouri has been fairly slow. However, there seems to be a slight increase just recently in some areas. I imagine that the location of your property and the amount of acreage that you have would require a specific market to be targeted. You are in a desirable area.

How long have you been attempting to sell?

Old 09-03-2007, 10:58 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,727 times
I'm not far from you am in Illinois and our property has been up for sale a little while and NO activity my Realtor says he has bites ...am thinking that is a line to shut me up! We just have our ground for sale but about 2 miles up the road from us there is this adorable house that someone just built .. they have had open houses etc ..and still for sale ..

I think everything is slow .. gas is high people are scared of the economy and so they fear getting involved in a home they may not be able to afford.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:06 AM

59 posts, read 152,411 times
I know the feeling, the feds need to cut .25 off the interest rate to get things rolling. We are in the process of changing realtors not that it would help.. a..h this country were in an aufull mess..

Old 09-03-2007, 11:43 AM

26,410 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Home sales have been quite slow in areas of eastern Kansas. I have seen many properties sit on the market for months without selling. Some properties are selling, but that is because they are usually priced right. I am still waiting for my house to sell as well. Their seems to be a lot of supply on the market currently.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:50 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Unhappy Land sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
I'm not far from you am in Illinois and our property has been up for sale a little while and NO activity my Realtor says he has bites ...am thinking that is a line to shut me up! We just have our ground for sale but about 2 miles up the road from us there is this adorable house that someone just built .. they have had open houses etc ..and still for sale ..

I think everything is slow .. gas is high people are scared of the economy and so they fear getting involved in a home they may not be able to afford.
Is your land is Illinois for sale or do you have land near the Lake of the Ozarks? I'm in mid MO and the Lake is west of me. Beautiful area.

Oh, we Realtors really don't tell our clients things to 'shut them up'. We really do get bites, just sometimes more like little nibbles and that's it. We do continue to advertise and such, but sometimes it is rather frustrating when we cannot tell the home owner anything of a positive nature.

Hopefully something good will happen very soon to change what is happening, and not just with in the real estate market. Good luck with your home sale. Maybe u'll not only get a valid 'bite' but someone will take the plunge and swallow the whole thing.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,193 times
From everything I've read the housing market is pretty slow just about everywhere...some areas slower than others. But as previously indicated, you've got a pretty special bit of property there. May take longer than something in town or on the lake.

Until we get past the subprime fall out and all of the consequences of that it will be slow going for most sellers I'm afraid. I'm sure that there are exceptions and I know there are certain "retirement" areas that are still fairly strong, but most of the country's housing market has backed off the sizzle.

It seems to happen every so many years...it was probably over due in many areas based on what has happened to home prices in some areas. Doesn't make it any easier to take when your impacted by it though.

But hang in there....we've been thru it before and it shall pass.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Wink Slow Down...yep.

Things have slowed down, even here in the Branson/Kimberling City area.
Some types of properties are selling slower than others...I don't think we've actually had a drop in prices, but they certainly haven't gone up in the last year like they had been.
The subprime lending problems are part of it, to be sure...
I'm hearing it called a market correction.

If you need to sell quickly, you may need to look at price.
And ask a pro at staging to look your place over.

We are getting more buyers looking for a "fire sale", but we're certainly not there yet...

Old 09-03-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Is your land is Illinois for sale or do you have land near the Lake of the Ozarks? I'm in mid MO and the Lake is west of me. Beautiful area.

Oh, we Realtors really don't tell our clients things to 'shut them up'. We really do get bites, just sometimes more like little nibbles and that's it. We do continue to advertise and such, but sometimes it is rather frustrating when we cannot tell the home owner anything of a positive nature.

Hopefully something good will happen very soon to change what is happening, and not just with in the real estate market. Good luck with your home sale. Maybe u'll not only get a valid 'bite' but someone will take the plunge and swallow the whole thing.

I have 39 acres for sale w/ pond ..1/2 woods 1/2 tillable.. land agreement ont he tillable part can be renegotiated with new owner - rental on it more than pays the taxes (so far) ......... my home a family memeber would like if a buyer does not ask for it with the land ..
dh has a auntie and uncle who are retired and need to downsize ...... they have about a 4000 sq foot house w 2 living areas ..sheds .. farm buidings etc and ours is 1/4 of it lol..... so they are offering to pay what we want for the house ..we just wont let go of our home till the land sells.

we went into a medium market for the land ..... ground up the road from us was selling at 30,000 an acre for land lot packages for building a home ....
A farm down the road from us went for 6000 an acre ......were asking less than that ......... around the corner the land sold for more ....and across the road the guy has large lot of land .. I think 100 acres for 21,000 an acre.........and has people looking into it! but its lots of road frontage! ...

Old 09-03-2007, 08:45 PM

oops Im still stuck here in Illinois........... soon as that ground sells I will be in the market ........ I have a few places on my list if they are available then yea betcha Im looking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri