Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 01:28 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,550,511 times

Advertisements

You all wanted to know how my trip went. It isn't nothing like Indy adventure but since you all asked awhile back.

Well I got to tell you looking for month for a rental close to where my husband lived while I was living NC has been a nightmare. Since my husband worked seven days a week he wasn't able to look at the rental.Since I couldn't look for something with my two girls while they was in the swim team. I arranged for my Mom From California to watch the girls for three weeks while I look for a rental home. My mom fly to NC on Sept.4th which was a Saturday and she got to see the girls get trophy for being on the swim team. Any hoot mom and I finished the packing on Sunday. Monday morning the movers came to load up the truck for us and it was smooth sailing. Great guys I have to say. I drop my mom and kids off at the airport on Wednesday morning and drove 10 hours that day and stopped in Corydon,Indiana. Super 8 hotel had a complimentary breakfast and when I enter the breakfast area there was two three tier plates of biscuit and I notice there was a crockpot of gravy. So I help myself and it actually pretty good. What a great way to start the day. Clogging my arteries. I drove about 5 hours to Marceline on Thursday and I would have gotten there a little earlier but my curious mind wanted to explore through some towns when I hit Moberly . I notice some of the towns was runned down but it had character. I loved it. My drive to Marceline was all rolling hills and nothing but green it was a beautiful drive. You all know that I had my first BATexperience that night. I had cellphone problems since I only could call out in Moberly which was about a 45 min drive to that town. My movers move my stuff in a storage that Sunday since I didn't have a place. I had been looking with realtors at homes and calling rentals. Lucky I found a fantastic place in Macon with acres for rent 6 days before I had to pick up my girls in Calif. I was very lucky to find this place.I visit my mom for 5 days. The girls had to stay in the dive place with the bat for a few days. On saturday we moved our stuff into the rental home. It has been a week and we LOVE it here. It is so peaceful with butterfly flying every and it is green and I don't have to worry about the girls riding their bikes and get runned over by a car. I have run into really nice strangers in this parts. I have been waving but not getting a whole lot back. Well that is my dull story but hey I made it. I did it all by myself. I have never driven that far by myself as well. I did me Proud. I am wanna be Missourian

Last edited by kareybear; 09-09-2007 at 01:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 04:40 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,056,574 times
Congrats kbear! Glad ya found a place - and ya done good...

Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,633,478 times
WTG KB!! I know it was rough on ya for a bit but look where you folks are now!! The whole family is together and you have a mighty fine place to call home. Good for you and I hope the KB clan loves it here in the great state of MO!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:03 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,982 times
Thanks for sharing your moving tale with us. Sounds as if you really did have an alright experience. Happy that you didn't have to report any vehicle problems!!! You did good girl Go ahead and keep on waving, some will get back to you. Enjoy each day. You're home now....

Old 09-09-2007, 08:06 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,862 times
I think u r a Missourian now ... umm hun you are there living in those borders making u a official Missourian ... I do believe I am right on this!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:21 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,991 times
Exclamation Wowzer! That was some trip!

Gosh, I just hope that our move to St. Joe (or the "vicinity" part of "St. Joseph And Vicinity" ) is as smooth and as uncomplicated as it can be. Thanks for sharing your adventures, and many happy Missouri years to you!

Old 09-09-2007, 10:28 PM

430 posts, read 1,263,859 times
Congratulations on getting through everything Kareybear.....you've had some big adventures here lately girl! Will be following you here shortly!

O.Nana

Old 09-10-2007, 07:11 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,550,511 times
Ahh thanks I am so glad no car trouble. That was my man worry. I hope you all make it to your place safely like I did. If I can do it everyone can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri