Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 07:32 PM

10 posts, read 30,446 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to the Moberly area; he'll be teaching in the schools there. We thought we might rent for 6 mos to a year, to see where we want to buy. We love rural areas, but want to be within 20 mins of the HS. Can people tell us about areas that are no-go places -- by that, we mean, noisy, rowdy, people loitering -- you know. If we knew streets to avoid (we don't know neighborhoods yet) or block numbers of certain streets, it would be a big help. We may be able to make a couple of trips to look at places, but we're several hours away, so if we go, it'll only be a couple of times. Other than that, we'll have to rent "blindly."

Advice? No kids, but four well-behaved, indoor, old cats. We are quiet people, readers, don't even own a TV, and just want a private or very low-key place of our own. Our quirk is, we avoid ranches and bungalows and love the two-story places. We're looking for a top of $750 a month and will be going after summer school here, probably first of July, so we have 2 months to find something.

Sorrry so long -- we'll check back regularly and make future posts shorter. If someone wants to rent and expects a vacancy (house, not apartment), you are welcome to email to: vladdy@gmx.com.

Thanks, y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 02:05 AM

12 posts, read 29,634 times
I lived here all my life. We have an area close to the schools from 3rd sagrade up to 12th grade in one area. It is on the same block as the 'Y' (YMCA) that has zumba, swimming and other things for a me mbership. Prices vary. Uptown there is urbandale. Nice neighborhood but I don't like uptown personalily. More drugs and fights in that area. The rent area, i'm not sure but areas closer to the y are better and quiet. I never lived uptown and don't plan on it. Good luck. I live in low income buti love meadowbrook (near the Y)

Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 AM

12 posts, read 29,634 times
Not much here, in my opinion. The park is up where the college is, pretty nice man made lakes there. A little bridge to cross, if you had kids, Candyland a little ways down. On the out highway road is the swimming pool, that was recently opened, like a mini world's of fun. There is a dog park, but you have cats. My neighborhood is a cat area, lol. Cats roam free. Occasionally a dog may run lose. Gratz Brown is the school for 3rd grade on up, which includes the HS. Pretty safe over there, may have deer come out at times, but it used to be mainly land over there. You pretty much find this school coming off the highway from out of town. Plenty of banks here, couple of pharmacy's, lowes, a new mini mall by wal-mart. Supposedly this town is getting more work coming in, like HyVee and Arby's. I'm not sure on those. Jobs here are hard to get. They are supposed to build a new HS over on Gratz Brown, I am not aware if they started it yet. I went to the old one here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: