Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 11:38 AM

24 posts, read 14,159 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I worked as a room attendant at the Hampton Inn downtown St. Louis for a little over a year. I had recently received a good review and .25 cent raise. The only time I was ever written-up for misconduct was attendance; and after a year of good attendance and not taking off, my attendance improved a great deal....no more warnings.

The hotel has a policy in place for 100% guaranteed for guest who have a valid complaint that comes to the hotel and stay, but are not pleased with their rooms and/or service(s). As for the room attendant employees, a policy is in place that dirty are soiled linen/sheets complaints..is an automatic termination!

Moving forward, 4-5 weeks after my review, I was fired for misconduct for the above offense. I was called in the manager's office and shown the evidence they had in a plastic bag...that a guest had complained about stained bloody sheets. There were blood stains all over the sheets! I'm like WTF! There is no way I would have not caught those stains on the sheets, and left it on the bed...knowing I would be automatically terminated! No way! I had (16) other rooms that day, and have always made sure to change the linen on all beds because of above policy in place! There were no complaints from the other guest(s).

The procedure after a room attendant cleans a room; the housekeeping supervisor goes in and inspects the room before assigning a guest to the room. The bed is the largest piece of furniture in the room, and they supposedly should check sheets/linen for stains. Therefore, if supervisor had (visually) did their job and checked to make sure the linen/sheets on bed were free from stains; there is no way the guest would have gotten away with this complaint and as a result....me, fired from my job. Make sense?

I have waited weeks for unemployment benefits to be paid which now has been denied by the State!

I'm a fighter so I am going to appeal their decision. I know I should seek legal counseling instead of me going it alone; however, I can't afford an attorney.

BTW, this is a non-union hotel.

Opinions, suggestions, and/or referral to good legal aid for the poor in Missouri on this matter, please!
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 11:31 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
I think there is a LABOR RELATIONS BOARD.

St. Louis | NLRB

Old 05-31-2015, 09:33 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
What was the reason for denial?

Old 05-31-2015, 08:16 PM

Default Reason for Denial

The State ruled misconduct-I didn't change the bed sheets. As a result, I didn't perform my job.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:03 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinBrownie View Post
The State ruled misconduct-I didn't change the bed sheets. As a result, I didn't perform my job.
Challenge the decision if you can.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:49 PM

Any ideas on how would challenge the ruling? This is all new to me.

Thanks for responding to post.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:43 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinBrownie View Post
Any ideas on how would challenge the ruling? This is all new to me.

Thanks for responding to post.
The letter you received, are there any instructions on it for appealing a decision?

I found this site: How to File an Appeal | Missouri Labor

Old 06-02-2015, 06:56 PM

The letter states to file an appeal, I can fax or send letter to start the appeal process. I've already faxed appeal document requesting one. However, it doesn't go into any details how to win the appeal and recieve unemployment benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: