Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times

Advertisements

-lying on the floor, laughing helplessly, cats looking on in mild curiousity-

Old 03-23-2008, 07:11 PM

Once again, we have a op that orphans their thread, we gotta come up for a term for that behavior, any suggestions? Or is there a term, and I just dont know what it is????

Old 03-23-2008, 07:24 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,063,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoDude View Post
Hoosier is a charming St. Louis term meaning "white trash" or "redneck." You are not an official St. Louisan unless you can use the term with deftness and ease. I try to pepper my vocabulary with the term at least 23 times a day. Unless I'm busy making a meth run or studying for my GED--in which case I'm inaudible for most of the day and thus unable to fulfill my daily quota.
I would give you some points for this, but alas, I am unable - seems that I'm havin' some troubles due to,,, ummm, due to... drats,,, what was I talkin' about?
Hey, look at them thar purdy clouds in the sky!!!

Guess that degree from UMR really ain't worth the skin of a sheep, afterall,,,

Old 03-23-2008, 07:54 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,452,690 times
Thumbs up Woohoo WestCoDude! (Kinda rhymes)

Not to worry--I threw Lord Chesterfield West Co Dude a couple of rep points for ya until we can all raise some Rep Point Jail bail money on your behalf. (Hope he don't mind me calling him "Lord Chesterfield" but he's probably trying to figger out how to diagram a sentence to pass his GED!) (In real life he could very well have more degrees than a meat thermometer, who knows? )

Old 03-23-2008, 08:10 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,452,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
this thread just shows the class act that the folks of MO are all about..sheesh I can think of a few forums where the op would have to be carried out onna stretcher after that opening diatribe (yikes, a big word....but then again I'm a transplant )
I guess one person's ideal place is another person's "nuttin' here move along," but I think us MO aficionados are in the strong majority!
(Before da jammer became a moderator, one of his sig lines he used right below his name was "nuttin' here, move along." I thought this was so funny that I'm still reminding him of it all these months later! )

Old 03-23-2008, 10:04 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,836,883 times
I've honestly never used Hoosier in all my life.

The only time I hear it is in reference to Indiana.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 AM

386 posts, read 1,693,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Not to worry--I threw Lord Chesterfield West Co Dude a couple of rep points for ya until we can all raise some Rep Point Jail bail money on your behalf. (Hope he don't mind me calling him "Lord Chesterfield" but he's probably trying to figger out how to diagram a sentence to pass his GED!) (In real life he could very well have more degrees than a meat thermometer, who knows? )
Haha. Lord Chesterfield? Well...I've been called worse. lol.

And, yes, in reality I am excessively educated. I've got a Masters and am on my way to a JD. Which makes this whole thread so ridiculous. Most of my neighbors have graduate degrees and second homes in Aspen.

And, let's just pretend that Missourians are all a bunch of mouth-breathing rednecks who are just now discovering the glorious mysteries of modern technological advances like....the VCR, wireless telephone, and garage door opener (assuming, of course, that they have garages which, if they're from Missouri, they probably don't). But....let's just assume that Missouri is the American Ludite Kingdom (of which I am Lord, naturally). Even so...what bearing does that have on the character and decency of its people? I think you can make an argument that education is inversely related to common decency! There's nothing intrinsically decent about a degree...but there is something special about kindness and morality. I'm proud to say that Missouri is both intelligent and decent. But if I had to choose, I'd take values over degrees.

Now....if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to watchin' wrastlin' with my buddies Joe Don and Cletus. We've got a cooler full of PBR and a giant industrial-sized bag of Premium Wal-Mart pork rinds waiting for us.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:05 AM

well said Lord Chesterfield! And here I was all worried about the OP thinking I was the only person ever from Mo with an advanced degree, and about to aquire a second home in my beloved Mo.

Last edited by kshe95girl; 03-24-2008 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: wrote in 1st person about being in Mo, must be delusional this morning! :D

Old 03-24-2008, 07:13 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,896,406 times
I advanced the degree on my '66 Cutlass's timing recently, does that count?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:17 AM

419 posts, read 1,182,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimNtony View Post
Maybe you should also bear in mind that I've been to college and my husband will have 2 Associates degrees (not to mention being on the Dean's List numerous times and having a 3.25 GPA currently). So, smarts and intellect isn't a problem as far as WE are concerned.
She better not let 'Cyrano' from the "Best parts of Columbia" thread hear all that talk about their degrees! He will come over here and slap her soundly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri