Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 12:04 AM

1,438 posts, read 778,967 times

Advertisements

https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...256462541.html

"The local health department of a rural southern Missouri county is halting its COVID-19 response efforts after Attorney General Eric Schmitt wrote agencies this week demanding they drop mitigation measures. The Laclede County Health Department, which serves a 35,000-person county northeast of Springfield, made the announcement in a Facebook post Thursday morning that it was suspending “all COVID-19 related work.” It will no longer investigate COVID cases, contact-trace, issue directives for exposed residents to quarantine themselves or make public announcements of case numbers and deaths. The department pointed residents to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and their personal doctors for directions on what to do about a COVID diagnosis. Cases have been on the uptick in Laclede County since mid-November, according to the state health department. Just 35% of the population is fully vaccinated, compared with 52% of the state. One person there has died from COVID in the past week. State figures show the county has Missouri’s sixth-highest COVID death rate."

Can the Missouri government just admit it has no interest in good governance and public health anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 09:45 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Can the Missouri government just admit it has no interest in good governance and public health anymore?
Anymore? As in "we used to do it but don't anymore"? Missouri's government has divorced itself from reality. What once was a reasonably rational and sane state government leadership has become the laughing stock of America. It has fallen and cannot get up -- but decided it likes being in the hole, so it keeps digging.

Old 12-12-2021, 03:04 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...256462541.html

"The local health department of a rural southern Missouri county is halting
State figures show the county has Missouri’s sixth-highest COVID death rate."

"Good governance" in your post seems to only pertain to what makes you happy.

Does anyone care to find out, exactly what "mitigation measures" that health department was engaged in?

Does anyone actually care to find out what the Attorney General told them to cease doing?

Nope, y'all just want to bash people you don't like, just because they are liberty minded, rather than endorse the tyranny you espouse, and I don't think either of you are from this region, and so, have no dog in the fight.

The truth is (if you are even interested), a portion of what they were doing was beyond the scope of their authority under state law. It isn't up to Eric Schmitt to change or negate the law, that is for the legislature to do.

If it is a bad law (and I am not sure that it is), the fastest way to get it changed, in MO, is to insure everyone follows it. The results of following it will get the legislature to fix it.

Last edited by TRex2; 12-12-2021 at 03:15 AM..

Old 12-12-2021, 08:58 AM
tlw

98 posts, read 432,986 times
What refutes science:

- Better science

What doesn't refute science:

- Your feelings

- Your religion

- Your favorite politician

- Your half-baked opinion after watching two YouTube videos

Old 12-12-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlw View Post
What refutes science:
- Better science
How true, and that is why we learn to never listen to Fauci or anyone else on the Left, again.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:56 PM

6,339 posts, read 11,084,820 times
This Covid nonsense is way overblown. Yes it is a problem for people with certain underlying health issues and the elderly. But for the rest of the population this is not a major issue and many people don't even know if they have it or have had it because the symptoms are so mild. BTW. This is a variation of the cold virus and that has been around since day one of man's presence on this planet. It will continue to devolve or evolve depending upon your perspective and eventually a person's antibodies will effectively fight it. That is already the case with people that are genuinely healthy and use an appropriate regimen of vitamins, minerals and herbs to stay healthy. That being said, MO seems to be handling this Covid nonsense in a more logical manner than most states that have created hysteria in the masses and panicked over it.

Last edited by WILWRadio; 12-12-2021 at 01:30 PM..

Old 12-14-2021, 02:50 PM

685 posts, read 767,344 times
I don't have an issue with it. It's time to move on. And I'm tired of the statistics and metrics being shifted to satisfy whatever narrative is being peddled.

How many people died specifically of Covid this month? That's the only statistic that really matters. But the press continually changes the metric, and because of that, I've tuned them out permanently on this issue.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingAurvandil View Post
I don't have an issue with it. It's time to move on. And I'm tired of the statistics and metrics being shifted to satisfy whatever narrative is being peddled.
Same here, mostly. I do try to answer questions when the Sheeples and the Karens show up here.

Quote:
How many people died specifically of Covid this month? That's the only statistic that really matters. But the press continually changes the metric, and because of that, I've tuned them out permanently on this issue.
I don't track that, any more, but the rule of thumb is to divide the "official" number by four.

(I gave reasoning for that, over a year ago, but the gist is, the official number is those who died >with< covid, not from it. Even if they died by getting hit by a bus. )

I don't now the official numbers any more, either, since I quit following the stats, and the "official" site I was getting them from, quit following them, too.

Old 12-17-2021, 05:38 PM

50 posts, read 37,606 times
Yawn....who cares about this fake scam anymore. It's funny to find those who still take this grand lie seriously.
I've spent wonderful muzzle-free winter in rural Southern Missouri last year, where I was not hassled over the hoax nonsense. The county did have a mask ordinance for a very brief period (which I violated, like any sane person should have, and was never hassled over it) - it was dropped quickly, and there went all the muzzles with it. People in rural county didn't wear them anyway, only in bigger town, where big shops were.

Thank you Missouri and all the sane people who live there: there's sane governance in rural places, you had elected the right local politicians and it seemed like most in Missouri weren't gullible (unlike in coastal locations) and could see right through the scam.

Now inflation, dollar devaluation(what they tried to cover up by running the hoax), abhorrent medical experiments through mandated gene therapies...those are real problems, and out in the open now. I'd worry about that. The real problems. Loss of God-given freedoms and loss of savings.
I applaud that Missouri county for standing up and being real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri