Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 PM

54 posts, read 279,565 times

Advertisements

it may not be real hip but this town has a great history and i will never leave this town. I am pretty much the only teen that loves this city and im trying to change that and when all these things happen that i am trying to get to happen,this town will be hip when the teens of 2day get through there minds that the future is pretty much up to them. then great things will happen.im trying to get other teens and little kids to start getting involved with the city. so far its working
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 11:06 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,096 times
Thumbs up Thank you to everyone who posted more suggestions!

I appreciate all the new posters who listed more things to check out!

It appears that my friends and I will have a lot of places to stop at in Missouri, which is good!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Cool Hip in Missouri

IT Chick...I live in the Branson area, which admittedly appeals more to the 40+ crowd and families, but for "hip" I like to hit the "First Friday Art Walk" in downtown Springfield on the first friday night of each month. You'd do good to book a room in one of the neat B&B's on nearby Walnut Street and do the whole thing walking...all the art galleries are open late with wine & fun flowing freely, so's you don't wanna be driving.
Cool, trendy restaurants overflow, so go hungry. I couldn't pick a favorite, but it would be between Agrario's, Bruno's, Bijan's is an all time fav, the fish tacos at Maria's, South Ave Pizza, Trolleys...how many days do you have?
There is also a great Blues Fest in downtown, later in the year if you're into blues. And although you girls need to be careful anywhere these days, I've never felt funny parking and walking anywhere down there. No matter how late!
I personally spend almost all my down time on my floating living room in the middle of Table Rock Lake. Except for holiday weekends it's pretty mellow. My other favorite thing to do here is "float" tripping in SE Mo...around Dora.
Missouri is a friendly place...and you can find cool wherever you go...

Old 04-16-2007, 05:33 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Bezz View Post
IT Chick...I live in the Branson area, which admittedly appeals more to the 40+ crowd and families, but for "hip" I like to hit the "First Friday Art Walk" in downtown Springfield on the first friday night of each month. You'd do good to book a room in one of the neat B&B's on nearby Walnut Street and do the whole thing walking...all the art galleries are open late with wine & fun flowing freely, so's you don't wanna be driving.
Cool, trendy restaurants overflow, so go hungry. I couldn't pick a favorite, but it would be between Agrario's, Bruno's, Bijan's is an all time fav, the fish tacos at Maria's, South Ave Pizza, Trolleys...how many days do you have?
There is also a great Blues Fest in downtown, later in the year if you're into blues. And although you girls need to be careful anywhere these days, I've never felt funny parking and walking anywhere down there. No matter how late!
I personally spend almost all my down time on my floating living room in the middle of Table Rock Lake. Except for holiday weekends it's pretty mellow. My other favorite thing to do here is "float" tripping in SE Mo...around Dora.
Missouri is a friendly place...and you can find cool wherever you go...
Thanks Janet. The places you mentioned are on my list.

By the way, what is "float" tripping? Is that like offshore boating?

Old 04-19-2007, 10:36 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Default Floating?

It's canoeing...or if you don't want to rent a canoe you can use your own floatation devices. I'm not an expert, have only been a few times but the areas like Dora all have rental companies with good canoes and it's not expensive.
Have fun...don't drink and drive...

Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,570 times
Pirateman,

I respect and admire your vision for your hometown. You are right that great things will happen, if the teens and little kids in your town get involved in making its future. You have big dreams and worthwhile dreams. If you get discouraged -- and you might.. everyone does at some time or another -- bounce back! Don't give up on your dreams for Hannibal. Your dreams are worthwhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri