Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 03:34 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,397,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
........so I'm not illegal, or a foreigner, or any other hate object of rural white America.
Congratulations,

You've just exposed your personal bigotry with that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 04:51 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,455,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Congratulations,

Aw, the President would have to call you a "typical white person" with that statement!... As for you, Spaniel Girl, if Ozarksboy doesn't beg and plead you to move to Missouri at once, he's crazy! You're really on top of the Obamacare debate in a big way--great job!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:58 PM

938 posts, read 3,509,514 times
Quote:
Congratulations,

I believe he was making a crack at all the true bigots out there rather than exposing any personal bigotry.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,565,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA 5599 View Post
I believe he was making a crack at all the true bigots out there rather than exposing any personal bigotry.
Spanielgirl, I guess that means you're a "true bigot" because you don't want socialized medicine.

Rural, white Ozarks Boy

Old 08-15-2009, 06:03 AM

938 posts, read 3,509,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Spanielgirl, I guess that means you're a "true bigot" because you don't want socialized medicine.

Rural, white Ozarks Boy
Nice attempt at putting words in my mouth, OB

Someone is a bigot if they dislike or treat other people poorly because of their race or ethnicity. Not because they are against nationalization of the healthcare system.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:37 AM

I'm starting to like some of the ideas from Abu Hussein, especially the plan to tax wealthy people and redistribute that money to people who aren't so wealthy.

Maybe we can talk him into taxing the heck out of the residents of towns like Ladue and neighborhoods like Saddlebrooke and Millwood and then redistributing that money to poorer communities like my neighborhood in Rolla.

There's a hoard of money moving with a horde from California to the Branson area. I read somewhere that Christian County is poised for a boom of California wealth. There's an enclave of California money already taking root in Blue Eye, I hear.

Let's let Obama know about that treasury, so he can tap into it for the rest of us.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:48 AM

26,433 posts, read 46,665,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Maybe we can talk him into taxing the heck out of the residents of towns like Ladue and neighborhoods like Saddlebrooke and Millwood and then redistributing that money to poorer communities like my neighborhood in Rolla.

There's a hoard of money moving with a horde from California to the Branson area. I read somewhere that Christian County is poised for a boom of California wealth. There's an enclave of California money already taking root in Blue Eye, I hear.
That area has seen exponential population growth and much lower levels of job growth. I predict that the in-migration into the area will have to slow down. It seems like many are still moving to southern MO while some towns in northern MO are practically becoming ghost towns.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 08-15-2009 at 07:07 PM..

Old 08-15-2009, 05:29 PM

486 posts, read 1,036,517 times
Quote:
Congratulations,

What? I AM a rural white American. Where I was born, raised, and went to H.S. has less than 3000 residents and is more than 2 hours from the nearest big city. I guess I just know a lot of people who fit that 'particular demographic' (was that PC enough for you?), and know how many (not all) of them think. You'd be surprised what good ol' boys will say when you get enough beers in 'em at a kegger.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:16 AM

543 posts, read 2,312,643 times
My problem with insurance the way it is now, is the insurance companies telling my dr. what kind of tests I can or cannot have. And we pay $600 a month through my husbands union for this BS? They even dictate to my dr. what meds he can or cannot prescribe for me. Having a problem with side effects to meds it is hard for my dr to prescribe drugs he think may agree with my system and do the job they are supposed to do. Right now my dad is going through chemo for lung cancer and at first medicare refused to cover his treatments. His dr. argued with them, explained the situation and they finally gave in and will cover it. But what my dad is paying out of pocket is a crime for someone on a fixed income. He lives well, but his savings will now start dwindling. And before anyone says anything, my dad is/was NOT a smoker.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMo View Post
My problem with insurance the way it is now, is the insurance companies telling my dr. what kind of tests I can or cannot have. And we pay $600 a month through my husbands union for this BS? They even dictate to my dr. what meds he can or cannot prescribe for me. Having a problem with side effects to meds it is hard for my dr to prescribe drugs he think may agree with my system and do the job they are supposed to do. Right now my dad is going through chemo for lung cancer and at first medicare refused to cover his treatments. His dr. argued with them, explained the situation and they finally gave in and will cover it. But what my dad is paying out of pocket is a crime for someone on a fixed income. He lives well, but his savings will now start dwindling. And before anyone says anything, my dad is/was NOT a smoker.
As expensive as health care is, I don't foresee any changes. Instead of insurance agencies telling doctors what tests or meds can or can't be given, civil servants will. Or it may be the same insurance agencies but under government contract in the new regime.

Those of us described as the aging population will likely be turned down for expensive treatments because there won't be resources to pay for them.

No matter what system is adopted, those of us with jobs will see smaller pay check as taxes or premiums (or both) increase to pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri