Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 11:10 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times

Advertisements

I like him as a boxer but he's a complete idiot to go against Randy.

I knew he was going to get beat. How in the heck can a boxer go up against a World Class MMA athlete? No match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 11:38 PM

237 posts, read 379,807 times
My one joy of the evening was watching Randy put Toney in his place.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:41 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingjupiter View Post
My one joy of the evening was watching Randy put Toney in his place.
Toney needed that. He talks to darn much.

You have to know where you fit in. Toney fit's in well as a boxer......he deserved to get his tail kicked.

I hope he learned his lesson and goes somewhere and sites his tail down.

I still like him AS A BOXER.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:18 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
James Toney was a great boxer in the boxing ring when he was in shape and motivated...which he hasn't been for years. Apparently now he's another name athlete who finds he can make some money by participating in this type of event, but in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing.

A boxer steps into the ring to fight an MMA fighter on the MMA fighter's terms, and the MMA fighter will win. No surprise. It doesn't mean that MMA is superior to Boxing like I've heard some MMA fans claim. It just proves again that an athlete who steps outside of his specialty is likely to not be successful. I'd like to see Coulter step in the boxing ring and just box. He would surely get his bell clocked...and lose. Probably look like a fool too.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:34 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
James Toney was a great boxer in the boxing ring when he was in shape and motivated...which he hasn't been for years. Apparently now he's another name athlete who finds he can make some money by participating in this type of event, but in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing.

A boxer steps into the ring to fight an MMA fighter on the MMA fighter's terms, and the MMA fighter will win. No surprise. It doesn't mean that MMA is superior to Boxing like I've heard some MMA fans claim. It just proves again that an athlete who steps outside of his specialty is likely to not be successful. I'd like to see Coulter step in the boxing ring and just box. He would surely get his bell clocked...and lose. Probably look like a fool too.

Uh,dude,Toney is a current heavyweight champion in boxing,not a past champion way over the hill.

And what this means is that an aging current champion in boxing got his @ss very easily handed to him by an aging past champion in MMA.And it proves that MMA,as a set of fighting skills,IS superior to boxing.And why would Couture want to learn an inferior set of skills in the first place?Let's face it,the only way a boxer wins with his set of skills is if the rules handicap the skills of the MMA guy.Or,if a boxer takes the time and effort to master the MMA skills on a level par with the regular MMA guys.Which in itself would also prove that MMA is superior,when the boxer has to learn it to have a chance of doing something more than landing a home run KO punch to beat the MMA guy.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:27 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
id fight randy for $700,000

Old 08-29-2010, 11:50 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

those things...

Old 08-29-2010, 11:52 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Uh,dude,Toney is a current heavyweight champion in boxing,not a past champion way over the hill.

And what this means is that an aging current champion in boxing got his @ss very easily handed to him by an aging past champion in MMA.And it proves that MMA,as a set of fighting skills,IS superior to boxing.And why would Couture want to learn an inferior set of skills in the first place?Let's face it,the only way a boxer wins with his set of skills is if the rules handicap the skills of the MMA guy.Or,if a boxer takes the time and effort to master the MMA skills on a level par with the regular MMA guys.Which in itself would also prove that MMA is superior,when the boxer has to learn it to have a chance of doing something more than landing a home run KO punch to beat the MMA guy.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:00 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I like him as a boxer but he's a complete idiot to go against Randy.

I knew he was going to get beat. How in the heck can a boxer go up against a World Class MMA athlete? No match.
Yeah. It would have been better for him to go up against Chuck Liddell or someone who is a striker instead of a wrestler like Couture.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:06 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Yeah. It would have been better for him to go up against Chuck Liddell or someone who is a striker instead of a wrestler like Couture.
chuck was a div 1 wrestler
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)